Take a look at my MS2 tables please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a look at my MS2 tables please.

Hi, I have a stock m20b25 with just an intake and echaust. Running the ms2. I had a base tune that idled like crap and then had a tuner make a few quick adjustments but he didnt have enough time to finish. Long story short he got rid of most of the idle surge but some still remains. He also pulled a lot of timing out and now i lost my midrange power. Please take a look and let me know whay you think.

VE looks ok. But I think that is way too much ignition at lower loads/RPM (the area 1500-2500, 0-60kpa). that will cause it to surge as the additional advance makes the engine want to accelerate. are you using the idle ignition table?

the AFR target seems rich to me. full load is ok, but there's no reason not to target 14.7:1 at part load. M20s do like to idle a little richer, but I'd think a stock one should idle just fine at stoich, 13.5 seems unnecessary.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yeah I figured it was too righ as well, especially off throttle, im at like 13.5 afr when i should be lean at that point since the wheels are turning the engine at that point.
      I am not sure if i am using the idle ignition table, should i be?

Does it look like i can put timing back in the midrange because the car feels very flat there now.

Also, how much wideband control should i give it (ego). Mine is at 2%

Comment

I'd say your high load advance is pretty conservative (70-100kpa). I don't think you need to increase the part throttle really.

Also, have a look at the stock ignition maps if you can find them somewhere (I posted them up a loooooong time ago). They aren't shaped flat like that. The advance peaks at just over 2k, dips down near peak torque, and then increases again towards redline. As the engine RPM increases, you have to advance the ignition so that the start of combustion happens at the ideal time (since the time it takes to combust air/fuel is fixed, but the piston cycle is shorter). With it a constant 35 degrees like that, it's not surprising that it feels flat.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Could you see if you can dig that ign map up? I looked around but all i found was dead links and stuff on e30tech which has been down for a while.

Comment

Working...
          X