e30 Blower Motor Discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 Blower Motor Discontinued?

While I believe you can still source a genuine unit, it's not exactly the most cost-effective option (5-600,depending on where you look). I have tried to find Behr,Hella,ACM, and a couple of other options, only to be told by practically every source I have contacted that they are 100% out (Turner,FCPEuro,Pelican plus SSF & Worldpac at the shop I work at).

Anyone have any info on this? If you have a new motor you'd be interested in selling, PM me.....
    IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

When I searched the Hella p/n I416050005 through google shopping I found one place that actually lists 5 in stock. No idea if the store is reputable, but I did find it interesting that they are generally NLA outside of OE ones. Perhaps E30s are going the way of the 2002 and will lose aftermarket support in the next few years.

http://autoplicity.com/2324167-hella...h08aAjnf8P8HAQ

Comment

If true, this will justify my hoarding of rebuildable used blower motors. Thanks for that!
      '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
      '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

last I checked the behr was discontinued btu there is an ACT version out there

Originally posted by kway View Post
        If true, this will justify my hoarding of rebuildable used blower motors. Thanks for that!
        As if you needed a justification! ;)

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

A few of my suppliers show that they're on order. Figure by next month they'll have stock...
          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

That seems odd, since they were used all the way up to the Z3.
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by KI4UJO View Post
              While I believe you can still source a genuine unit, it's not exactly the most cost-effective option (5-600,depending on where you look). I have tried to find Behr,Hella,ACM, and a couple of other options, only to be told by practically every source I have contacted that they are 100% out (Turner,FCPEuro,Pelican plus SSF & Worldpac at the shop I work at).

Anyone have any info on this? If you have a new motor you'd be interested in selling, PM me.....
              I just checked IMC , IMS and LMI too no luck.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

I found an acm listing through worldpac and ssf but no inventory

Edit; SSF shows a new VEMO blower
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Checked SSF again - ordered the VEMO unit. I'll see if it shows up tomorrow.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's probably coming from the Cal warehouse, which is their last one. Only one I can find too.
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

In the Irvine warehouse ?
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

I believe it's coming from Carson,CA.

Comment

Schmiedmann has them in stock, and for a very reasonable price with shipping.

Comment

I installed the VEMO motor yesterday - seems to work well. I'll report back if any problems arise.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Comment

I can get em new for like $150. My other supplier just received a batch.
                              IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Working...
                              X