No announcement yet.

BMW 1991 E30 325I M3 S52 OBD1 SWAP CONVERITBLE HARDTOP - No Longer Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW 1991 E30 325I M3 S52 OBD1 SWAP CONVERITBLE HARDTOP - No Longer Available

I purchased this car bone stock in the beginning of 2014 from a private owner. The car is a real full M-Technic 2 appearance package. I brought the car to CAtuned in Sacramento and had all the work performed there. Before owning the car, I gathered all the parts for this project, which included the S52 motor, transmission and so on. Other parts include all the gaskets, nuts and bolts for the rebuilt. The motor went thru a whole rebuilt from the head to the block. I am the third owner, and the previous owner owned the car for more than 16 years. The chassis had 108k miles and the S52 ran strong before pulled. I have owned the car for more than 4 years now and have put less more than 6k miles on it and it drives great. I rarely drive as I take the public transportation for work so it is time for me to move on and let someone else enjoy. The car can be purchased for a lower price, if parts are removed. For example, the hardtop and wheels. Willing to trade, mainly looking for a E90 M3 sedan, Toyota Tocoma, anything 4 door with either cash on my end or yours.
    Last edited by gazil; 03-19-2019, 09:44 PM.
    sigpic

1989 325i Sold
    2001 325i Sold
    2005 Infiniti G35 Sold
    1991 318is Rip
    2005 Subaru Sti Sold
    2009 Honda Civic SI Sold
    2009 Honda Civic Si Sold
    2003 Saab 9-5 Sold
    1991 325ic MTech2 S52 Current

I so want to say something
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

I'll say it for you..... who did you piss off to have them crack your windshield and put that huge scratch on your trunk? Other than that, car looks great! Glws!

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post
        I'll say it for you.....
        If you fix that crack, and repaint the trunk, it might be worth twice as much!

(oh, that's from what I know of watching "house-flipping" shows on TV. So no - a car isn't a house - never mind)
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Nice car. You can fix the scratch by yourself with a kit from drcolorchip for about $40. I'm just curious to why the lug nuts not centered to the wheel holes. How are you going to put a socket in there if you need to remove the wheel?

Comment

I'll say it for you..... who did you piss off to have them crack your windshield and put that huge scratch on your trunk? Other than that, car looks great! Glws!
            I purchased the car like that, I was fine with both the windshield and the trunk as it didn't bother me much. I thought about replacing the windsheild with a coupe or sedan one and putting a maplight mirror but never got around doing it. Thanks for the kind words.

Originally posted by george graves View Post
            If you fix that crack, and repaint the trunk, it might be worth twice as much!

(oh, that's from what I know of watching "house-flipping" shows on TV. So no - a car isn't a house - never mind)
            I am not firm on the price, if anyone is serious I am willing to negoatiate. I'm not trying to make any money on this, as I'm loosing money. I have receipts from most of the parts from BMW, various vendors as well as all the labor receipts. Thank you

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
            Nice car. You can fix the scratch by yourself with a kit from drcolorchip for about $40. I'm just curious to why the lug nuts not centered to the wheel holes. How are you going to put a socket in there if you need to remove the wheel?
            I was planning to repaint the whole trunk or replace it with a coupe or sedan trunk to delete the third brake light but never around doing so. I think it's from the angle I took the pictures that the lugs nuts look like that. Thank you
            sigpic

1989 325i Sold
            2001 325i Sold
            2005 Infiniti G35 Sold
            1991 318is Rip
            2005 Subaru Sti Sold
            2009 Honda Civic SI Sold
            2009 Honda Civic Si Sold
            2003 Saab 9-5 Sold

Comment

not the direction I am thinking. Fuck it I will say what everyone else is thinking.

OP, consider this constructive criticism for asking a price that is at least 100% above premium asking prices.

With those things fixed it would be "decent" Not looks great. For this kinda money I would be expecting Concourse quality restoration, NOT NEEDS...... A soft top, saggy headliner in the hard top, BIG DEEP scratches needing the panel resprayed to fix and then blended into the fenders rear plate filler and your hard top to make it 100% right again (sorry touch up paint and polish is not going to hide that let alone for enough for this price point), Mashed windshield, ALL the seats needing redone, and a swap that needs about 40 hours of clean up work (form a shop has had some issues), Wheels with pitting clear (though valuable wheels still), looks like it needs at least a tire, a dent in the rear plate filler, plenty "normal ware" scratches. I am sure if the photos were not taken with a fucking flip phone from 2005, and were at least taken with a fisher price "babies 1st camera" we could find more shit wrong with it. Those photos are horrid, and noisy as all hell and show very little fine detail, ( I assume this is not by accident) Would be nice if they were all in focus as well. I cant even see what the carpet looks like, because the exposure is all blown out and over exposed or way underexposed in a shadowed area, not to mention the floor mats in the way.

Is it a rare options package with nice mods on a good condition 25 year old car, YES it is, and I applaud you for that, does it deserve an above average price, yup sure does, I think you will find your being a bit overly optimistic about the market price of your car. But then again I have been outta this chassis for a while now, and could be way off base.
              Last edited by mrsleeve; 01-07-2017, 06:39 PM.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

My post was tongue in cheek. And...I'm with mrsleeve on this one. I'm not trying to bash you - or call you out - but this stuff is getting out of hand - and it needs to be reeled in a bit....

The busted windshield is a clue of how well this car has been looked after. Imagine how much love the rest of the car has received if the owner can't spring for a $200-$300 in new glass installed.

If you can get 26k for it - good on you! But, it's not going to happen on this forum without a few of us raising an eye brow or two.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I just liked the Purdy pictures......

Comment

Thanks for the input guys but the price I listed on the car was just a number, I know people will always lowball. That number is where I liked to sell the car and mostly it wont't happen. I didn't want to list low and have people offer me even lower. If I find a good owner for this car and they're are truely interested I would negotiate the price with them. I will take care of the windshield and trunk when I get more time on my hands.

sigpic

1989 325i Sold
                    2001 325i Sold
                    2005 Infiniti G35 Sold
                    1991 318is Rip
                    2005 Subaru Sti Sold
                    2009 Honda Civic SI Sold
                    2009 Honda Civic Si Sold
                    2003 Saab 9-5 Sold

Comment

Nice

Is the car BAR'd?

AC?

Beautiful car. Sure a few touches but it wouldn't break the bank.
                      Last edited by Javier h; 01-08-2017, 02:51 PM.

Comment

No the car is not bar'd but it has all the components to pass. There is no AC but there is power steering. Thank you
                        sigpic

1989 325i Sold
                        2001 325i Sold
                        2005 Infiniti G35 Sold
                        1991 318is Rip
                        2005 Subaru Sti Sold
                        2009 Honda Civic SI Sold
                        2009 Honda Civic Si Sold
                        2003 Saab 9-5 Sold

Comment

I remember seeing your car over at Peter Pan BMW, Good luck with the sale!

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                          1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                          1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                          1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                          1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                          1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                          Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                          1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                          1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

It would help a lot if the car could be legally sold in CA. If it can't pass smog and it isn't Fully certed in CA it could cost the new owner a lot of money to get it to pass. No trying to bash just input.

The law---
                            A smog certification.
                            Smog certifications are good for 90 days from the date of the inspection. The smog certification is not required if a biennial certification was submitted to DMV in conjunction with renewal fees within 90 days prior to the vehicle transfer date. A statement to that effect must be signed by the seller or the buyer. A vehicle inspection report may be required for proof of certification.

The buyer could come after you with the states assistance to make the vehicle pass smog. You will have to register the car as non-op to legally sell it. I know there are lots of people who side step this process but that's usually for cheaper 2k cars not 23k cars.
                            1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
                            5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                              The busted windshield is a clue of how well this car has been looked after. Imagine how much love the rest of the car has received if the owner can't spring for a $200-$300 in new glass installed.

If you can get 26k for it - good on you! But, it's not going to happen on this forum without a few of us raising an eye brow or two.
                              My thoughts exactly.
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                              X