No announcement yet.

interior courtesy light delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont mean to dig it up, but it's a very informative thread anyway! :)

I just bought a dimmer relay from Frank, and installed it yesterday. It does not work. Could it be the handle switch you're talking about? Do both those wires go into the plug that connects to the dimmer relay?

Edit: Did the above, and it works! Funny thing is...it works without the special relay, it works with both my original and the relay I got from Frank! Crazy!

-Sean
    Last edited by Sean; 06-05-2007, 09:46 AM.
    - Sean Hayes

Comment

Does dome light delay relay control OBC backlight?

Curious, I have a new light bar for my OBC but it appears there is no voltage to the pins where the bar inserts. Interior light comes on when doors open but no delay. Dome light goes out as soon as door is closed. Checked all the OBC fuses and they check out. Read that the drivers door handle switch in the door can prevent delay relay from operating. New relay is crazy expensive.
      I love my car but these little electrical problems drive me crazy. (Speedometer is not working. Replaced speed sensor in differential but I think it might be one for later model. Darn you Pelican Parts...) Put new batteries in cluster so all other cluster gauges work. Central locking is messed up as well. Found fuse link in control blown. Soldered back but found one of the mechanical relays fused at the contact point. Freed it up but still wonky. Has old after-market keyless entry that does not work so ordered a new one and will start from scratch.
      Any suggestions re power to pins in light bar would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X