change over relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok good news... the new part came in from germany and it worked... sorta

the car still fires up and dies. but this time, i am able to keep my foot on the pedal and keep the engine alive. but once i let go it dies again.

i tried this using the new relay, then old then new again. only worked with the new relay... so i guess we are moving in the right direction.

maybe i should go back and check all previous steps again to ensure everything is still working properly. what do you all think?

i think it could be a vacuum issue or any other issue that forces the car to stall aka not idle properly... sigh
    Last edited by hahaitzskippy; 08-18-2014, 01:20 PM.
    2007 Mazda CX-7 (red TURBO!!)
    1985 BMW 318i.... beige!
    2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600 (red)

previous cars
    1) 1994 Isuzu Trooper (blue)
    2) 2005 Scion tC (panda w/ CF)
    3) 2001 Toyota Avalon (silver)
    4) 1988 Nissan Pulsar XE (T top in red)

Comment

Have you checked the icv? If it is blocked it will die with no throttle input.

Comment

Originally posted by hahaitzskippy View Post
        ok you m10 engine owners!

my car starts but dies right away. ive practically changed everything i could.

fuel pump (secondary), fuel pump relay, distributor, leads, ignition coil, ICM, DME (ECU), fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, new spark plugs

i cleaned the injectors, tested the AFM for resistants, tested the coil (old and new), DME (ECU, old & new) created no change, spark plugs (old & new) produce a spark, leads (old & new) both produce a spark, new fuel relay stopped the annoying buzzing, tested the fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge and i am getting correct and plenty of pressure.

ok now the question:

how do you know if the change over relay's are messed up? is there a way to check these?

and what do they actually do?

eEuroparts.com is the premier supplier of European auto parts for SAAB, BMW, Volvo, VW, Audi, Mercedes, and other European car brands. Since 2000.

this change over relay is closest to the driver

would the middle change over relay be the "MAIN RELAY" that everyone is talking about?
        Left to right: fuel pump relay, vacuum advance relay, idle stabilization relay

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

9pin or 10pin

Im have an issue. Im dealing with my injection idle control change over relay. My 1985 318i m10 runs a 9pin. All i can find online is 10pin. Is that because i have a manual trans. Is the extra pin for automatic? Will the 10pin still work?

Comment

The auto and manual M10 have the same change over relay, pn 13411708511. They all have 9 pins.

I was having a horrible intermittent bucking that ended up being the connector for the change over relay. The female end connector inside the plug were loose. I popped it open and reseated them.

Comment

Working...
            X