Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rear castor camber adjuster eccentrics for STX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear castor camber adjuster eccentrics for STX?

Anyone care to elaborate on the rules for these? I can't tell if they are allowed or not, and like a goober I've already ordered the kit. Luckily they aren't welded in yet, but it was mentioned by a guy today he thought I may only be able to run one adjustment like camber and not castor?

Looks like I may have found the answer in the rule book:

BMW 3-Series (E30) Rear Camber & Toe Kit
    The Dungeon Motorsport E30 alignment kit is not compliant for Street
    TouringĀ®. There are no allowances for modifying the suspension mount-
    ing points.

Comment

Amazing how few people think to look there,
      and how butthurt they get when someone else,
      later, points out that
      a) they should have, and
      b) they're now classed in SPO

The good news is that with judicious lowering,
      the rear of an E30 isn't all that inappropriate
      for track use. The front is miserable.

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Luckily front camber plates are legal. Unfortunately I also found out the m20 flywheel is not legal as well as a few other mods I've committed to, at least if I understand the rules correctly. DSP may be my home for the time being or I'll have to consider pulling the e36 steering rack, e36 electric fan, re-installing the power steering pump as well as the A/c compressor, plus ditching coil on plug.

When I first started putting the car together I hadn't really looked into class details since I originally just wanted to make a nice fun weekend canyon carver.

Comment

Also, if anyone is looking for a set of these, I'll sell them for less than I paid so I can throw that money into camber plates.

Comment

Not that I'm in any way an advocate of cheating, but...

....you probably wouldn't get protested at the regional level
            for the flywheel or the rack.... at least, until you start winning.

t
            whose cars are 'effectively legal'... mostly...
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I think I've just decided to keep the mods and bump up a class to prepared. The adjusters are probably just going to sit on a shelf if no one snatches them up as I don't feel like pulling the subframe again at this point to install.

Comment

I am with TobyB. I don't think you would get protested for the STX class. I would start there and move to dsp if you get asked to go there. The BRZ's in the stx class will likely be 1-2 seconds faster if they are modded similarly and driven well. Just my 2 cents. You may also want to look for a local BMWWCCA group to run in. I run with the Houston BMWCCA group most of the time and our club at least has the E30's well placed for competition. I don't think that the SCCA class's it as well. What do you want for the rear adjusters? I have been thinking of getting some because I am wearing the outside of rear tires. Good Luck!!! I have found that my 318is shocks a lot of people at the AutoX haha. I am sure yours will also.
                (OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

I get it. But honestly I don't think saying I got 1st place in STX class knowing I'm technically not in that class will sit well with me. I do think there are some rules that make the class silly, but it's their playground and I'm just trying to play by the rules. When I started putting the car together, it was just to be a fun canyon carver, and the autocross happened to be later planned. Little did I know how much I liked autocross, and that I wanted to be somewhat competitive. If I can't be competitive with this car, I'd rather just start with a base that will.

Depending on how next season goes with my e30, I may end up getting a base model Mini Cooper to use for H street or the S model to run in G street. We'll see. I haven't even driven the e30 yet.

Unfortunately the closest BMWCCA is 5 hours away. I think they may run at Hallet which is close enough to at least have a track day, but all the autocross events are 5 hours.

As for the adjusters, I paid $128 shipped, but would ship them for $115. I just bought a new gas tank and probably need to get a new fuel pump, so that cash would help get me closer to running. Still need to snatch up some camber plates too.

Comment

Keep an eye on the E30 Picnic web site as more details are nailed down."

คาสิโน
                    Last edited by harry56; 03-23-2018, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X