Knock sensors for M20 turbo/megasquirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    I have found the m20 will knock far after MBT.
    The op is working with a turbski, not sure what boost pressure he is targeting though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
      The op is working with a turbski, not sure what boost pressure he is targeting though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
      it isnt a bad insurance policy against bad fuel or if its a hot day 105+ everything is heat soaked, A/C on, sitting in traffic, IAT through the roof you have a heap of weight in the car and you try to accelerate up a hill. if you haven't had that scenario on the dyno you dont know how much ignition to pull with the crude IAT correction factors etc
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

right now Im running 14-15psi on pump gas, here in Canada I have 94 octane fuel but apparently its the same stuff as guys on the east coast having 91 octane.

Im piecing together a water/meth system so hopefully knock will be non existent after. The plan is to have the water/meth come on at 5-8psi and advance my timing towards peak torque and boost pressure. I will also be turning the boost controller up and hoping for 18-20psi after the water/meth.

The average temperature here is like 25-30 degrees celsius in the summer. Lately its been 35-38 degrees celsius (100 farenheit) which is extremely unusual for my climate, and this is when Ive been noticing the sound of potential ping/knock. Before this heat wave it has never been an issue.

Comment

Working...
        X