X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSP Rear Axles

Hey guys,

Does anyone have experience with these?

The price is... pretty cheap - and normally I would shy away - but the fact that Turner sells them lends a bit of confidence.

Please let me know if you have any experience with them. I'm either going to do this - or just the CV boots.

Holy crap... $50 for an axle??? Even with the exchange to Canada, this would be a killer deal if they were decent.

I just looked up the axles on a Canadian site... GKN, just over $400 EACH!!!
    Estoguy
    1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Just ordered a set. If Turner sells it, it has to be quality and at that price...

Comment

Watch for for the outboard boots rubbing on the shocks.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Reality check- at $50, these are going to be pretty low quality.
          Even in China, good metallurgy and machining is not free.

Will they work?

Let us know how it goes!

t
          now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Back when I was slinging parts ... I'd try to steer guys away. Had at least a %50-%75 return or unhappy customer rate.
            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Just because Turner and ecs sell them doesn't mean they are good.. You're better off rebuilding your old used ones. This has been covered 100 times

$50 axles.. You get what you pay for

Comment

Advance Auto would sell these. Even on their site, the reviews talked about lifespans measured in days.

Ultimately, for normal people, the best answer is to reboot/regrease a used axle.
                2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

I emailed Turner about the axles - here is their response:

"Those axles are good if you need a quick cheap replacement for the time being. You would really want to put an OEM or an OE axle in there though for the long run."

Comment

I installed them last August. So far i've done about 5000km-s. I've always had that clunk when i change gears. The clunk was still there after i installed GSP axles so i thought that probably gearbox or DS will cause that. (new axles should be clunk free, right) Well, couple of days ago when i really dig into it to see what the hell is causing that noise i discovered that it's still those axles. There's just too much movement.
                    So yeah, you get what you pay for. I would buy something better unless you don't mind clunks.

Comment

Working...
                    X