No announcement yet.

From Boost to Reliable. M62b44 Swap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow. look good so far.. Interested in the out come!
    https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

A benefit of doing the M60 top end conversion is the idler style timing drive that doesn't use the idiotic U-guides.

Comment

Sub'd for V8 fun :)

Comment

nice this thing is going to be fun

Comment

Well over the holiday I moved to motor to its final swap location and helped lay down some for concrete to aid in the swap.

Right before I packed up the motor for its ride to Columbia, SC

With the help from my roommate we were able to shoehorn the m62 into the back of my wrangler. Rode pretty well and helped with some traction off road! :)

Was also able to squeeze all of the swap parts into these two bins for better storage and transport.

Arrived at Mattdk's house and unloaded the motor while his m5 looks on, he also has a massive dog.

The next day we poured and finished 5 yards of concrete at his house to prepare for an enclosed carport that will give him extra room for his plasma table and room to work on the e30 swap.

Also had the m62 injectors sent to Marksinjection to be cleaned and refreshed. Great price and quick turnaround!

Next steps will be to replace the timing chain guides and put on the water pump. Then we will move to prepping the engine bay for the braking fabrication and start working on mounts. Hoping to have her up and running come spring!
            Last edited by Zacm829; 02-16-2014, 07:52 PM.
            1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Got a little bit done this past week. We are making some progress but also planning for the more involved stages of the swap.

First I had to get the car transported from Charlotte to Dk's shop in Columbia. Even got a save the Tatas truck!

Did some basic dis-assembly before Matt got home. Euro bumpers are so easy to take off!

Next we worked on making the radiator core support removable which is something that I have wanted to do for years. Highly recommend.

So much room to yank the old busted m20 out! Also started shaving unnecessary brackets to clean up the bay.

Next we need to make the brackets to reattach the core support, also started mocking up the braking setup and needing to make a couple brackets and spacers for that.

Custom brackets/engine mounts coming right up!

Last edited by Zacm829; 02-16-2014, 07:15 PM.
              1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

White Alpinas, yes please!
                1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

sub'd

Comment

Heading down to work on the car this week. Possibly get the braking setup all sorted and mounted. Work has been slow due to some winter weather in SC.

Last edited by Zacm829; 02-16-2014, 06:58 PM.
                    1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Zac,

Really cool what you're doing here. I've got something in the works as well. It should be an interesting spring brodeo.

Comment

Originally posted by whysimon View Post
                        Zac,

Really cool what you're doing here. I've got something in the works as well. It should be an interesting spring brodeo.
                        Yes it will. Looking fresh brosephs.
                        Originally posted by Andy.B
                        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                        1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                        ~~~~~~~~~~
                        I was born on 3/25…
                        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Matt's dog is enormous.
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Looks great so far! Keep it up. Subed

Comment

Had some free time to get some work done.

Got the brake booster relocation finalized and finished. Being able to make custom brackets makes life so much easier!

1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

I take it you check fitted the engine with your set up. For some reason it looks set pretty far back. I put mine as far forward as i could. I was afraid of hitting the valve cover. It looks good. Keep it up!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk
                                https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                                X