Engine & Tranny Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on topic:

I ordered 80A poly and E21 mounts with cups for the tranny. I'm going to try both and see if I can't find something that is firm to prevent the drivetrain from moving, but still livable from an NVH perspective.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

^^^^
      I'm having troubles finding the E21 mount PN. Can you confirm they are 23711175424?

Thanks and sorry for the OT.

Ed
      1988 E30/S50...now with S52; Track
      1994 Miata R; ES Solo2
      1998 Lexus LX470; Wife (Slee'd anyway)
      2002 BMW 530i; A+ Commuter
      2002 BMW 325iT; Sport/Premium 5-speed
      2011 21' EconoTrailer

Comment

Sorry, I ordered from AKG along with the cups and they don't have the p/n on their site.

These BMW E30, E36, E46, E82, E90, E92, F30, F32, F80, F82, Z3, Z4 performance trans mounts reduce drivetrain movement and improve shifting. Made in USA.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Revshift has taken more than a week to ship my order, so today I installed the E21 tranny mounts and AKG cups, and left the Condor engine mounts. I should be able to give that a drive tomorrow.

I checked to see if the tranny could have been cocked at all but bolting up the mounts and brace without the chassis bolts through the brace. They lined up perfectly and I was able to put in the chassis bolts freely with no binding at all, so I am guessing it is lined up well.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Condor engine mounts
            Condor trans mounts
            New guibo
            Rebuilt driveshaft
            New center support bearing
            Modified guibo bolts with lock washers and loctite after loosing one.

Polyurethane diff mount.

No issues yes it's loud.

-
            Project
            Parts for Sale
            Feedback
            YouTube Channel

Comment

I got to drive the car this weekend with this:

Condor engine mounts
              E21 trans mounts with AKG metal cups
              AKG aluminum diff bushing
              New CSB
              New Guibo

It still feels solid. There is still more NVH than a street car would want but the feeling of a failing driveshaft is gone after switching to the E21 trans mounts.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Wish I had a chance to trying the Revshift bushings to compare, but they really botched up my experienced with them:

RISING EDGE

Comment

Condor just released a set of 70A poly trans mounts, I am going to try those next. I like the feel of the E21 mounts with the AKG cups, but I did miss a shift or two on my last track day during heavy cornering. Plus, I know it's not right to have solid engine mounts and rubber trans mounts.

I am going to try the Condor poly mounts next and report back.

RISING EDGE

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                    Condor just released a set of 70A poly trans mounts, I am going to try those next. I like the feel of the E21 mounts with the AKG cups, but I did miss a shift or two on my last track day during heavy cornering. Plus, I know it's not right to have solid engine mounts and rubber trans mounts.

I am going to try the Condor poly mounts next and report back.
                    How was the NVH with the Condor 70A poly trans mounts?

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty Bonanza View Post

How was the NVH with the Condor 70A poly trans mounts?
                      Basically like stock.

RISING EDGE

Comment

I like the rouge trans bushings if still used on the street. Solid enough for a solid mount shifter.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                          Plus, I know it's not right to have solid engine mounts and rubber trans mounts.
                          Actually, it's the other way around. Many SE46 guys use poly, or even rubber, on the trans since the stock braces are known to break (e36 too). The added stress of rubber engine mounts and solid trans mounts would likely cause the tabs to break off the gear box, too.

john@m20guru.com
                          Links:
                          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                          X