Exhaust Cutout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Cutout

Ok so I need some input, preferably from people using cutouts. I initially wanted to just go straight pipe (save your opinions) but the ability to go from SpecE30 to Camry level of sound seems pretty cool. My question is since the cutout would be under the car, the exhaust would obviously seep in from under the car. Would it be worth it to try to make a side pipe, how hard would it be to weld a said side pipe, and would it just be a magnet for scraping on the road? Or would it be possible to have it follow the normal exhaust out the back?

You could just put a pipe around the muffler with the cutout in it. Then when it was opened, exhaust would bypass the muffler.

Comment

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

I have been lusting after this since I was 12.

It was cheaper, then...

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Don't they make a muffler with a cutout in it? Warlock I think was the name.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Can't you do this to a car like maybe a minivan? Once you actually turn 20, you are gonna regret wasting your money on this. Hopefully a couple noise violation citations are in your future.

If you post adolescence like this here, you're gonna get flamed for it.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I guess I have to (save your opinions)

Comment

Guys were doing this in high school on their ratty big block Chevelles.

Comment

Three washers between the headers and exhaust pipe ;D

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                  Three washers between the headers and exhaust pipe ;D
                  lol this is a great response

Comment

I have one left over from my 350Z.

Exhaust - Dougs cutout - With turndown & Y pipe. Unused wire harness & switch. 200 shipped. Cutout is 225 plus shipping alone. http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/e30cabrio/350Z/photo_zpsd642ccc8.jpg (http://s20.photobucket.com/user/e30cabrio/media/350Z/photo_zpsd642ccc8.jpg.html)...

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Get an electric dump, a foot of pipe and a turn down. My father in law ran them on his supercharged saleen. If you have a problem with the fumes get some oval pipe and that will help with ground clearance.

Comment

A well designed exhaust system can be loud with your foot down, but civilized at other times.

There is also not much room under an e30 for exhaust, probably why factory 6clrs are twin ~1.5" to try and keep as much ground clearance.

Welding a side exhaust exhaust is a matter of a 90degree bend and 3foot of pipe, but i suspect your ground clearance will be significantly reduced unless you modify the floor pan to accept it.
                        Last edited by e30davie; 06-20-2017, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X