Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve cover internal screws broke off....Is this valve cover done for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Levy3Poop View Post
    You're an absolute saint! There's not even any info about that plastic piece online. I wonder if you even need it, or if the engine will run just fine without it.

It'll be tomorrow before I can try working on it again. I'll give it my best shot, and if I can't get it, I'll take it to a couple mechanics and machinists and see if anyone locally can remove it. I wonder if it's fine to just leave those bolts out if I have all the others

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    You'll need the plastic piece in there to prevent oil from going back into the intake. The plastic baffle plate is not sold individually. The only way to get a new piece with the screws is to order a new valve cover, which isn't worth the price for your purposes.

Depending on the location on the screws which you broke off I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it's one on each end, it should still provide you a pretty good seal. Not sure if the vibrations though will cause your other ones to back out though.

Comment

Originally posted by iPee View Post
      You'll need the plastic piece in there to prevent oil from going back into the intake. The plastic baffle plate is not sold individually. The only way to get a new piece with the screws is to order a new valve cover, which isn't worth the price for your purposes.

Depending on the location on the screws which you broke off I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it's one on each end, it should still provide you a pretty good seal. Not sure if the vibrations though will cause your other ones to back out though.
      I figured that only missing 2 out of 7 screws wouldn't be too bad, but I'm not putting it back on without at least getting those broken pieces removed. It's not worth risking. I can be patient to about destroying an engine lol.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X