Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEANE30
    yes, you are lucky.

Their products are crap BTW, pay for what you get i guess.... but we're still all getting robbed

I'm happy with my RSM's and such...not bad stuff. If anyone wants some rear subframe bushings, I got them from IE and I can send them faster haha!
    Reminiscing...

Comment

So is the IE strut bar a good one? I just paid for one so hopefully it is.

Do they usually have a stock of the strut bars or is this going to take another 3 weeks to get like my RSM's?

Comment

Daniel at Flying brick performance is the one to deal with. He's really fast, and communicative. I now buy all my E30 go fast goodies through him, even if it's $20 more, I rather have the service and keep a good guy like that operating.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

I ordered the strut bar and I had it in about 4 days. This was an awesome experience compared to my many weeks of waiting for the RSM's.

IE....RSM's -1, Strut bar +1....still at 0

Comment

I oredered my IE3's and they came super fast! No problem at all i was suprised. The only thing i was dissapointed in was the performance of the springs. Eveyone hipes them up to be the best shit since ron burgundy and they just arent that great.
            -Brandon
            sigpic

Comment

Flyingbrick sucks IMO! Ireland is the shit! Every piece of poly i've got from them has been shipped in 1 day and is the highest quality ive seen. I highly recommend them and don't understand why you guys are flaming them. Flyingbrick has a serious lack of selection, prices are steep

Comment

wow, old thread.

IE bushings are garbage. Hope you plan on replacing them in the next 3 years.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by madjurgen View Post
                  He stays in business because he sells high-quality, well-priced hi-perf parts for older BMWs. I have/do/will always put up with their shipping/shortages because its always worth it when you open the box and install. The majority of people agree, hence why he's still in business. Plus he's a race team turned business as i understand it, his parts speak for themselves. Who orders performance parts under a tight schedule anyways (besides race teams)?
                  This post made me laugh.

high-quality parts

Comment

ordered Vogtland club springs yesterday. add said 160.00 thay called me today said add wrong that price was a special they had to start year, will give me for 210.00. cancelled order. price tonight was 225.00. if add says a thing then you do a thing. customer should not pay for your mistake. you should honor price then fix website.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh jass View Post
                      You would think after several years of the same shit, maybe he could find a different 3rd party provider? He isn't making fucking space shuttles here. Its a sway bar - a bent piece of metal tubing that is powdercoated. And how about urethane subframe bushings? Wow, those have as many moving parts as a pet rock. If he really wanted to, I'm sure he could fine better suppliers that could supply him stuff on time, not just feed him excuses. It must not be a priority because there are enough customers like you that are willing to put up with it.
                      If it's so easy, then bend your own damn sway bar and let us know how it turns out
                      Originally posted by audiquattrot
                      bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
                      1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
                      2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
                      1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
                      2006 CBR600RR

Comment

Ireland Engineering- Poor Service AKG- Five stars.

I have ordered a few things from Ireland in the past and while thier customer service was less than personable the shipping was quick and everything arrived as described on the phone/ website. Assuming this is a small time operation that thrives on repeat business I try to call rather than order through the website so I can talk to a live person and also know on the spot availability. Both parties are satisfied. The customer gets all his questions answered and the vendor can point the customer in the right direction in regards to product/ fitment.

Mon 01/10/11: Ordered front coilover conversion and poly steering rack guibo, stuff was going to ship same day and I should have it by friday. Great. I was expecting a few other things from AKG anyway so this weekend my e30 should be back on the ground.

Thurs 01/13/11: Gave them a call to get tracking info on my stuff, spoke to a different guy who was rather disgruntled I called them shortly after they opened. Gave him my personal info and email address so they could supply a tracking number. While on the phone he informed me the coilover conversion kits were not in stock and weren't going to be in stock until friday 01/14/11. Well there goes my weekend. I asked again for an email containing the tracking info.

Thurs 01/13/11: Phone call back from Ireland with ETA on parts. Early next week. OK.

Friday 01/14/11: Still no tracking info via email.

My biggest gripe is this: I called monday to allow the entire week for delivery. My car is located about an hour away from where I live. I needed specific tracking info so I can plan my weekend around the part ETA's. I was polite on the phone even after being treated like I was an inconvienience, not emailed with tracking info after three requests and being told the stuff I ordered and payed for wasn't even in stock. I know this isn't how they usually operate but that is the last order I will be placing through them. My e30 has been a long term project with no particular date I need it completed by, but I put myself in the shoes of someone that had a deadline to meet.

On a much brighter note AKG was great to deal with once again!

Comment

i've ordered practically all my subframe reinforcements from AKG and have on other occasions ordered various bushings or endlinks. Each time, the communication (be it automated or other) was quick and everything arrived faster than i expected.

+1 AKG
                          Originally posted by FredK
                          However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
                          Feedback

Comment

Update:

Still no email.

Called AGAIN and the guy who answered the phone said he gave someone a message to send me an email with tracking info. Then he went on to say they are having computer problems and i would get a call with tracking info this afternoon. Guess what? Still no tracking info.

Comment

well..... maybe there is a legitimate problem with the computer, and if that info was stored on said computer... maybe he didn't want to call you empty handed.

I had to use maybe twice in a run-on sentence; bad beans.
                              Originally posted by FredK
                              However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
                              Feedback

Comment

End of the day came and went. No email. No call. No tracking info.

Looks like I'll be calling them again (fourth time) tomorrow morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X