Pic Request: Sedan beside Coupe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic Request: Sedan beside Coupe?

I don't have any e30 friends local, and I want to know the body size difference.

Basically I would like to see them at a direct side angle with the other model barely transparent overlaid on top?
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's no difference.. they fit the extra doors in another way.
    1991 318i stock-ish (daily)
    1991 318i s52 (sold)
    1991 318is (sold)

Comment

The sedan and coupe are the same exact size I believe. The coupe doors are just longer, but everything else is the same.

Comment

They're basically the same body. They just shrink the front door to accommodate the rear door. The ix skirts for the coupe and sedan are the same.
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

two doors are 4 door E30s with the rear door missing basically. Exactly the same size

on a two door it is known that the side panel is 45.9miles longer than a four door.
          Boris - 89 E30 325i
          84- E30 323i

Comment

That's a lot of miles

Comment

its a lot of side panel!
              Boris - 89 E30 325i
              84- E30 323i

Comment

This may not help, but I do remember reading that the sedan was SLIGHTLY longer bumper to bumper than a coupe, but by mere couple inches years ago. The main difference is the B pillar location, how the seat belts connect, the seats/interior itself, the doors themselves. Im sure there are other minor differences but thats what I've found so far. Just digging into my first sedan now actually and realizing what works and what doesnt...

Comment

Based on the ix, the front bumper, front fender, front wheel arch, mid trim, body trim, rear arch trim, and rear bumper are the same part numbers on both the coupe and ix. By drawing a line that starts at the front of the car to the rear you all of these pieces touch. Therefor the two chassis (Sedan vs Coupe) are the same length. Based on the fact you can transfer the ix body kit to a RWD car with out any problem I would say the RWD coupe and sedan are the same length too.
                  My Garage
                  2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                  1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                  1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                  Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Than by that context, wouldn't the coupe kits fit the sedan?

Still no pics though. Next time I see a coupe, I will solve this.
                    I love comparing the simple and minor details. I assumed the rear part of the cabin had a few inches extension for some reason. Thanks for the info guys!
                    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

the unibodies are the same length. coupes and sedans are the same exact size.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Can confirm, my brother's sedan and my coupe are identical besides the doors and the corners of the back seat in sedans are rounded instead of being squared off.
                        1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                        1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                        bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

dare say the people measuring them at different lengths were using different tape measures.
                          Boris - 89 E30 325i
                          84- E30 323i

Comment

Working...
                          X