Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new bmw factory plug housings...what connectors go with what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guibo09 View Post
    e39 only uses it for one obscure thing.

straight plug is a good solution if you are replacing the pins anyway.

pin removal tool? not necessary for these connectors in anyway.
    I'd think it's handy if you're trying to save the housings, no?
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Cool, thanks.

Yea the housings 'snap' closed onto the pigtail'd circular connectors so no tools are needed. if you need to take one of these connectors apart, it takes some technique and maybe needle nose pliers (close inspection explains it all). Pin tools are only for a C101 type connector IIRC. thankfully these lesser items don't need much.
      ReverseOTL.
      NewParts4sale.
      PartsWanted.

Comment

Originally posted by sandlock View Post
        Cool, thanks.

Yea the housings 'snap' closed onto the pigtail'd circular connectors so no tools are needed. if you need to take one of these connectors apart, it takes some technique and maybe needle nose pliers (close inspection explains it all). Pin tools are only for a C101 type connector IIRC. thankfully these lesser items don't need much.
        +1, these connectors open like a clamshell. if they arent too brittle, with small flat screwdrivers, you can pop them open without breaking.
        90 E30 325i

Comment

good to know. Maybe I'll find my extra. I think the lock tabs on my car are broken.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by phuonguyen05
            ill let you know since i ordered new yellows and whites for my smilies.
            neither the yellow nor the white plugs can be cleanly converted to grey style. however, if you dont really care about it being clean, enough grinding will get them to fit.

i found some extra old ones lying around that i used instead.
            90 E30 325i

Comment

these new spam bots are bizarre..
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

What about the Fuel Pump Connector? That Connect to the Housing...

Comment

They are worth looking into.

- Will never get stuck together
                  - Cheap
                  - Easy to crimp

All the different parts - http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/De...110#Categories

Comment

how cheap? they don't list prices. I've bought weather pack connectors locally and they weren't *that* cheap.

you can get Amp connectors from mouser.com (look under tyco automotive products). not expensive at all. Not hard to crimp, and it won't look like a ghetto hackjob when you're done.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

What in the blue fucks is going on in here?

Comment

s14.net is going through this right now: http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55233

Comment

Holy awesome thread!

Can anyone confirm the PN for the front turn signal plugs? I bought two a while back, but they were intended for straight pins, not the 90*. I think it might be the same plug as the fan speed temp sensor on the rad, but i'm not certain of that.
                          I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

I've got one more wiring request that i'm hoping someone here can help with.

I need replacement abs sensor connectors/wires for my front wheels. I just need the body harness side(aka: the male). Mine got brittle and broke apart.
                            I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

sorry for the spam bots, guys. these things are wierd.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Anymore word on this?

I just got a bunch of white connectors and need the blue and grey connectors. I also am in need of the pins. But I did not come out of the thread with the PN for the pins.

This is great information to have as the E30s go under for more comprehensive restorations.
                                ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Working...
                                X