No announcement yet.

my delphin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered a head from mr325, can't wait for arrival.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

who gives a fuck
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstudent View Post
        who gives a fuck
        I give 2 fucks, lookin good!

Comment

who gives a fuck
          lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lodsin View Post
            I give 2 fucks, lookin good!
            Thanks, its good to know someone else actually looks at the post and has an opinion. I guess my thread is BORING.
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

Any rust on the car? Looks like a really nice base for awesomeness. 4 Dr delphins get me wet, not bored.

Comment

One very tiny spot of rust at rear under the bumper extension. I'll be fixing that this summer. Thanks for the input!
                sigpic

Comment

So I'm driving to my in-laws house with the wife on sunday and I come to an intersection. Boom, oil pressure light comes on. I shut off the car and coast to the shoulder. Check the oil and its filthy. I just changed the oil about three weeks ago. I just checked the oil level on thursday night before I left work and it looked fine. My oil is full of silver and looks terrible. I start the car and give a little throttle, oil light goes out. We aren't too far from her parents house so i drive it there watching the light, it only comes on at idle.
                  Next day at the shop i open it up. I took off the oil pan to check for anything out of the ordinary, everything looks okay so i take off the valve cover. Everything still looks okay. So i look at the oil pump and tear it apart, wow. The gears looked bad, the housing and bottom plate were wiped out. Just so happen i have a m20 on the floor from me and my brothers project car. So i steal it from that motor. First i drained and flushed the oil cooler with solvent and air pressure, washed down the inside of the block from the top down with brake clean and let it all drip on cardboard. Removed the filter head and cleaned it out. I installed the used oil pump and my oil pan. I adjusted the valves and closed everything up. Crank the engine and no oil pressure, wtf. I had pressure with the other pump, just not at idle. So i went home monday night feeling pretty depressed. This morning i drained the oil into a bucket and took the pan and pump back down,but before i did i checked with a mirror to make sure the pump driveshaft was in place and turning while cranking the engine over by hand. The pump was spinning, yet i had no oil pressure. WTF. So i put the pump in the bucket of oil and spun it by hand, about one or two revolutions in i start to get oil out of the delivery hole. Now i'm confused, i know the pickup was submerged, i know the pump was spinning, yet no oil pressure. So i put the pump back on without the pan, lift the bucket of oil up to the pickup and i have someone crank the motor over(with the main relay removed). Now all the sudden this thing is pumping oil, after a second or two the mains are dripping the whole length of the crank. So i took the pump back down and fitted both the pump an pan again. Filled her with oil and cranked it up, oil light went out and all is well. I let it run long enough to get warm and i changed the oil and filter again just to flush out any dirty oil left in the oil galley and in the bearings. So what gives. I know i had cranked it long enough to get pressure the first time i put the pump on. I even let it start and run for about five seconds. Then i started it again, and again, and again in disbelief that it wouldn't develop pressure. All in all i let it run for a total of thirty or forty seconds, in five second bursts. It never developed oil pressure until i took it down and spun it by hand in a bucket. Runs good now, doesn't make any noise. Its time for a manual gauge setup.
                  sigpic

Comment

pic of the plane that landed in the hudson, on its way to some museum. Forgot i had taken these

HA! I work at bae systems and probably have helped design some of the shit on that aircraft.
                    Recent Rebranding!!
                    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                    E30 SM62/S62
                    E30 M60 V8
                    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                    Instagram.com/garageaholic
                    Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

^^holy post Batman!! I made it through the third "oil pump" & gave up. Give me a space or the occasional period/comma/paragraph.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                        ^^holy post Batman!! I made it through the third "oil pump" & gave up. Give me a space or the occasional period/comma/paragraph.
                        There's punctuation all over that post.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FrankM E30 View Post
                          HA! I work at bae systems and probably have helped design some of the shit on that aircraft.
                          You should have put some goose blockers on it. lol
                          sigpic

Comment

My car has been running okay for the past two weeks. No oil pressure issues. Then yesterday it came on again. Same symptoms, no pressure at idle. I checked the oil and it looks like it did the last time the pump failed. The pump i put on was used but it looked like it was in good shape. I didn't take it apart to check the gears and the inside of the housing so i can't be 100% on its condition. Anyway i believe it has failed as i have what looks to be aluminum powder/flake in my oil again. No knocking or other bad noises but i know thats coming if i continue to drive it. So it's parked.
                            I just picked a running 2.5 from an 89 and i plan on installing new bearings and new rings. Installing a new oil pump and my myster-e head. Anyone have any ideas on why this car is eating oil pumps. I keep the oil full and i use rotella 15w40.
                            sigpic

Comment

Back from vacation, and man is it hot. I put the motor I just got up on the stand and started tearing it down. Everything looks ok, it's just been sitting for a while. I pulled the pistons and rods, all the bearings look good. The motor was only supposed to have 90k on it. But I knew it had been sitting for a long time, so I thought it would be a good idea to check everything out. Sure enough the pistons ring grooves are totally loaded with crud. I've had them in the solvent tank for a few days now, and today they came out pretty nice. I'll be ordering rings and bearings soon.
                              sigpic

Comment

Cleaned the block and some of the accessories, still cleaning the pistons. Takes a long time to really get stuff clean. i'll try to get some more pics up of the engine rebuild.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X