Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 88' e30 325i Touring build thread, wiretucked, ITB'd M20, Bagged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn nice!
    www.ar15.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vamped View Post
      Damn nice!
      Thanks mate :)

So, I got a bit excited this arvo and decided to remove the intake manifold and front strut brace with plans to paint them, needs a bit of a freshen up thats for sure. Rocker cover will also be removed and painted to match.

Engine bay currently:

Intake manifold is off (after a bit of awkwardness lol) the inside of the monaifold was pretty gross around the ports… lot of blow by oil i guess… will clean it up before it go's back on.

Also found a random cut wire, not sure how long it has been cut for, probably been like that since i bought it. Any idea's on what it is meant to be doing?

Also found what looks to be a bit of an extend and join job to bypass the connector plug… not sue why, maybe a loose pin or something… I had to cut the wire to get the manifold off as you can see.

And a few pics from the meet over the weekend:

Rolling shots:

Last edited by bmwandhonda; 12-20-2012, 12:01 AM.
      E30 325i Touring currently under construction.
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...256444&page=20
      sigpic

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

pulse sensor,or...

crank position sensor. Nope, definitely pulse sensor on spark plug wires.

Comment

Originally posted by jamiholzbach View Post
            crank position sensor. Nope, definitely pulse sensor on spark plug wires.
            I am assuming this is important to the running of the car? Bare with me as I am still learning the e30 engine/wiring... Should the car still be running without this sensor in working condition?
            sigpic

Comment

so so sick!
              cant wait to see it in person dude

Comment

Originally posted by bmwandhonda View Post
                This pictures wins at life

Comment

Originally posted by e30Nicko View Post
                  so so sick!
                  cant wait to see it in person dude
                  Thanks mate, was good seeing yours out and about today too :)

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                  This pictures wins at life
                  hahahaha cheers mate :) was just out on daily business looking for separatists and someone must of snapped me :p haha
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bmwandhonda View Post
                    Headers:
                    Hey, it was brought up on another forum, to be honest I didn't even think about it... But am I going to have any issues without using the exhaust gasket with the heat shields? Are my leads going to fry?

Thanks guys.
                    sigpic

Comment

Parts turned out pretty decent after the DIY wrinkle spray can job. Just need to sand down the 'BMW' and the ridges and will be ready to bolt back on :) Although I might send off the injectors to get cleaned befor I bolt everything back on.

Rocker cover:

Intake manifold, hanged it up so I could clean it properly and spray it properly:
                      \

Strut brace, ignition coil bracket and IM/rocker cover bracket:
                      sigpic

Comment

Looks great man! I wrinkle painted my intake mani as well lol

Comment

Small update, my order from Turner Motorsports arrived :)

- New Water Pump
                          - New Timing Belt + Tensioner
                          - New Power steering belt
                          - New Alternator belt
                          - Upper Engine Gasket set (Intake, exhaust, rocker cover etc)
                          - New Oil cap
                          - Stainless Steel Clutch line
                          - New Hod Emblem for the coupe
                          - Mag Oil Drain plug
                          - New Power steering reservoir (the original one is leaking a little and looks very average...)
                          - Service Manual
                          sigpic

Comment

Good book that, I got it and the E30 restoration bible together a few years ago.

Comment

So I got a bit carried away this arvo and decided to attempt a wire tuck on the wagon. Guess it's the Honda Fanboy coming out in me ;) lol Actually I tried googling it to see other people's wire tucks on their e30's and didn't really find too much to be honest. Doesn't seem to be an overly popular thing to do in the E30 world.

I have no real plan on how I will do it exactly yet as this is the first time working with an E30's loom/electrical system, but after taking it all apart I can kind of see how it is going to work.

The plan is to move the fuse box in under the glove box, battery will be re-located into the boot (car already has a perfect spot for it) the diagnostics port will be moved to under the glove box as well. Going to try and find a smaller sized windscreen washer reservoir/pump setup and then attempt to mount that in a less visible spot.

Also planning on converting the fuel lines/rail into an -AN fitting/braided setup. See how it go's. Will keep the thread updated with the progress.

This was my old Bseries setup on my Honda which I DIY tucked:

When I first bought it:

This is the starting platform:

Progress as of tonight:

Originally posted by Jozi View Post
                              Good book that, I got it and the E30 restoration bible together a few years ago.
                              Yeah, I am going to try and DIY as much as I can with this car, so thought it might come in handy :)
                              Last edited by bmwandhonda; 01-16-2013, 03:59 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Nice progress man.

So fucking spewing I didn't buy that thing when I had the chance to.. :(

And also spewing I missed out on the chance to buy the RS's!!!!
                                1989 Australian Delivered 325iS Mtech 2.
                                Fully worked M20B31 stroker. 143kw atw/285ntq atw.

Comment

Working...
                                X