No announcement yet.

From knowing nothing to having a Thunderbird supercharger on an m20b27i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can position it to have the outlet facing up you could add a water to air cooler in to your manifold design
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

There's the kind that sandwiches between the charger and the manifold. I may look in to it if I can find or make one that will work eventually. But that's a ways away. I really like how clean it is bolted directly to the intake. It will grow I'm sure.
      Originally posted by Andy.B
      Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
      1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      I was born on 3/25…
      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

props fellow supercharger brah- just got my pulley installed.

Q's pulley

Comment

That looks nice Q5Quint. I'm in saving mode to get my manifold welded up by a professional. So no progress here to speak of.
          Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
          ~~~~~~~~~~
          I was born on 3/25…
          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I just realized that the heater core from an e30 may be the perfect size to incorporate into the intake manifold as a water to air intercooler. All that needs to be done is to incorporate a slot, not unlike the one in the hvac system. Then gasket and insert that baby right on in.
            I think I'm getting my second wind on this project.
            ~~~~~~~~~~
            I was born on 3/25…
            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

So after a little more pondering and interweb scouring, I don't need to use the e30 heater core. First, because the flange is weak and probably wouldn't hold any kind of boost, and secondly, there are just too many sweet small heat exchangers for super cheap available out there. More to come.
              Last edited by Ether-D; 12-01-2013, 04:20 PM.
              ~~~~~~~~~~
              I was born on 3/25…
              ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

We have a kit, that is available to anyone interested. Contact Syncro325is. Will easily make 200HP on an M20 reliably. Intercooled and tested.

Forget turbos, boost is meant to be immediate. ;)

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Thanks for your shameless plug.

And is that 200WHP or CHP?
                  and...Pics or it didn't happen.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~
                  I was born on 3/25…
                  ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Just letting you know we are here to help. ;)

Should have some video up tonight of syncro325is's supercharged m20. He is running more then 200 whp and mega squirt. The kit we would provide is not made for the same output as his. While developing his current setup he ran lower boost around 200hp for 2 years daily-ed and reliable.

You should defiantly consider inter-cooling...

Comment

Very curious to see where this goes! recently picked up a thunderchicken M90 blower and all its associated parts for $100 of CL.

I'll be attempting to make mine work on a 24v swap though.
                      -Brad
                      My E30: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...50#post3916850

Comment

Originally posted by RickSloan View Post
                        Just letting you know we are here to help. ;)

Should have some video up tonight of syncro325is's supercharged m20. He is running more then 200 whp and mega squirt. The kit we would provide is not made for the same output as his. While developing his current setup he ran lower boost around 200hp for 2 years daily-ed and reliable.

You should defiantly consider inter-cooling...
                        I'm just giving you shit. I would love to see it though.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~
                        I was born on 3/25…
                        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

here you go. Eaton in action in an e30. Available non inter-cooled low boost for reliable power. All the questions have been answered and this kit is an easy one day install.

Email adam@18901motorsports.com

Comment

Any vids for non facebook people ?
                            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Yep, it says the content is gone or I'm not authorized to view it. The elusive s/c kit evades us again…

edit: I was able to see it. Good luck guys!
                              What kind of intercooler did you use? air to air or water?
                              Last edited by Ether-D; 12-01-2013, 08:48 AM.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~
                              I was born on 3/25…
                              ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Air to Air intercooler on that setup.

Comment

Working...
                                X