No announcement yet.

My 524td Rehab Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought my current iX from Freeman in Portland in 2001 at their old location. Flew there from Colorado with a buddy and had a fun road trip back. Good times.
    sigpic

Comment

Updates?
      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

My 524td Rehab Project

I'm curious where this car was originally sold? My grandmother had a exact car to this as new in Florida.

Comment

Nice job, good save. Good to see you make a nice car out of something someone else gave up on
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
            Updates?
            Originally posted by Bejoe16 View Post
            I'm curious where this car was originally sold? My grandmother had a exact car to this as new in Florida.
            Originally posted by bmwstudent View Post
            Nice job, good save. Good to see you make a nice car out of something someone else gave up on
            Thanks guys! Updates are few, since I had to move out of the shop space I was renting due to the property being sold. Now all my parts and cars are crammed into my little garage at home or stored in my moms barn.

I blew up the turbo on the 524 one night while driving home, and I think it also took out the head gasket, as the car will no longer start. I am in the middle of prepping the M21 to be pulled, so I can disassemble it and have a machine shop go through it and freshen it up. Plans are to get a MLS head gasket made, along with a set of head studs in preparation for a bigger turbo. My end goal is to drop the M21 drivetrain into my E21, since I have all the 6 cylinder conversion parts on the shelf already. That way I can combine 2 of my favorite vehicles into a fun and unusual project, which will also clear up some space for me.
            For now progress is moving slowly, since all of my savings are going toward my impending wedding

Bahama Beige E23 Project
            Bluebird Bus Conversion
            New Oregon Trail

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
              My end goal is to drop the M21 drivetrain into my E21, since I have all the 6 cylinder conversion parts on the shelf already. That way I can combine 2 of my favorite vehicles into a fun and unusual project, which will also clear up some space for me.

I look forward to seeing this. Good luck with your future projects.
              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

How do you like the M21? I really want one for some reason...
                My Garage
                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Working...
                X