In a touring, finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a touring, finally!

Hey r5v, just thought I'd share my newest project here, it's a '95 alpine 525it auto, 217k with a WORKING sunroof! There are however, some issues, all the door locks are fucked and I think that has something to do with fuse 44 and there's a wobble/shake from 50-55 and it feels like a wheel weight but it's going into a shop Thursday for a good go through/inspection. It's on coilovers and I think sits perfectly but it is very smooth still, I have no idea what it's sitting on but I know the springs are red, so yeah. I'll obviously be updating this thread as things start to happen once summer gets here but for now, it'll be as is for a long time. Onto the pictures!
    Attached Files
    C6Z
    S2K
    VeloN

"once summer gets here" today it was freakin 9 degrees over here! Looks nice btw!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
      "once summer gets here" today it was freakin 9 degrees over here! Looks nice btw!
      Lmao, not for the weather, it was 82 here today but that's when work picks back up and I'll have money for go faster parts!
      C6Z
      S2K
      VeloN

Comment

beautiful car! wish i could have found an alpine when i was searching. does it also wobble/shake under hard braking?

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
          beautiful car! wish i could have found an alpine when i was searching. does it also wobble/shake under hard braking?
          No problems under braking, just that 50-55 issue, and thank you!
          C6Z
          S2K
          VeloN

Comment

gotcha. after you balance your wheels again, if it doesnt go away at all or completely, its the thrust arms. at 200k, its mostly likely time (probably the 3rd set this car will have needed).

Comment

Snapped a quick pic in great lighting this morning! Nevermind the shattered headlight
              Attached Files
              C6Z
              S2K
              VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
                gotcha. after you balance your wheels again, if it doesnt go away at all or completely, its the thrust arms. at 200k, its mostly likely time (probably the 3rd set this car will have needed).
                That's what I assumed but I'll find out for sure this afternoon, thanks for the tip!
                C6Z
                S2K
                VeloN

Comment

Congrats! I am loving my Touring (picked it up in September) - it too has a working sunroof. I'm also due for a suspension rebuild. Agreed about the thrust arm bushings. These cars are tend to be picky about their suspension and if one part is going, it seems to throw the whole thing out of whack. I'd recommend you replace as much as you can afford. Don't forget to check the rear dog bones too. They're pretty easy to replace and not ridiculously expensive.
                  -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
                  '95 525iT
                  '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
                  '98 Disco 1

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSpeed66 View Post
                    Congrats! I am loving my Touring (picked it up in September) - it too has a working sunroof. I'm also due for a suspension rebuild. Agreed about the thrust arm bushings. These cars are tend to be picky about their suspension and if one part is going, it seems to throw the whole thing out of whack. I'd recommend you replace as much as you can afford. Don't forget to check the rear dog bones too. They're pretty easy to replace and not ridiculously expensive.
                    Check and check, it has some electrical gremlins though, central locking is non op, I do need a new drivers door lock mechanism, hatch doesn't do anything at all. So basically, I have a sedan with a bigger butt and no more
                    Up next is the brake switch!
                    C6Z
                    S2K
                    VeloN

Comment

Just found out that it's running a JC chip. I thought it was weird that it went up to 7000 no problem
                      C6Z
                      S2K
                      VeloN

Comment

Working...
                      X