Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UUC Evo shifter play

Hey guys,

I just picked up a e30 w this short shifter and I noticed there's a lot of up and down play on this shifter.

The circlip appears to be in the groove but when pulling on it, to me it's a substantial amount of play. I was told 2-3mm is fine but this look way more.

what are your thoughts?

thanks

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Is this the kind with a couple of allen- head bolts in slots holding it in?
    I've seen those wear. Or lose one.
    Otherwise, if it was mine, I'd shim it and call it done.

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

As I recall, it has a spring in it right there. I had a similar problem. I don't know if it was something I did or not, but I never liked how it shifted.

Comment

yea it is. all the bolts are there but since i couldn't find my metric allen wrench i just tried with what i had. i should have just used a small needle nose.

i did as you just said. i tried a rubber washer but that failed. found some metal E clips that I grinded own as a shims. now it's better but still floppy.

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
        Is this the kind with a couple of allen- head bolts in slots holding it in?
        I've seen those wear. Or lose one.
        Otherwise, if it was mine, I'd shim it and call it done.

yea there's a spring. the cup thing is still loose. the PO apparently didn't use enough loctite.

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
        As I recall, it has a spring in it right there. I had a similar problem. I don't know if it was something I did or not, but I never liked how it shifted.

Comment

Working...
        X