I made a brilliant decision.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Thanks man. That's clean car is it a slick top? I'm trying to find out how many 4 door slick tops were made. I need to get the steering wheel recovered soon so I can mount it. Right now its hanging on the wall haha.
    Ah, mine's a sunroof car but 91 318i/4's are a rare breed all together.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
      Ah, mine's a sunroof car but 91 318i/4's are a rare breed all together.
      Yea they are.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Is your Italvolanti the later ones with the momo 6 hole hub mount?

It is indeed.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Sweet find. I still miss my 318i sedan, was a fun little car to drive. This one will cleanup real nicely.
        '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
        '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
        '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
        '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Odo gears still dont work and today has been a fucking fiasco what started off as simply swapping SI boards has led into me neeing to source either a new air bag steering wheel or move up the time frame on the momo hub and wrapping of the italvolanti and i now need a cluster completely rebuilt. F THIS CAR AND F THIS DAY AND ITS ONLY 1....

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Idk how I haven't seen this thread yet. (shows how much I'm on R3v nowadays) but the car looks great. Seems like it'd be an awesome daily to me.
            Originally posted by flyboyx
            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
            Originally posted by Northern
            beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
            Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
            Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
            '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
            Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
              Idk how I haven't seen this thread yet. (shows how much I'm on R3v nowadays) but the car looks great. Seems like it'd be an awesome daily to me.

Im hoping so. Will have a semi big update in couple weeks. Waiting for one part to be built and time to go pick up the others.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I have a 91' 318i brilliantrot slick top as well. I've always wondered how rare they actually are. It's funny our cars are pretty similar. Our interiors are also the same except my drivers seat has no rips and my dash no cracks. (:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post
                  I have a 91' 318i brilliantrot slick top as well. I've always wondered how rare they actually are. It's funny our cars are pretty similar. Our interiors are also the same except my drivers seat has no rips and my dash no cracks. (:

Is yours a 4 door? The dash and seats are really bothering me cause I'm gonna be getting some good sport seats to match interior and i have a kick ass dash matt for to cover the cracks in the dash. I also found out that at some point this car was owned by the US army and driven in Germany. Cause it was sold at at dealership there.

What i got from BMW archive on it

The BMW 318i US VIN EJ05383 was manufactured on January 17th, 1991 and delivered on February 14th, 1991 to the BMW Military Sales department. The original colour was Brillantrot, paint code 308.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Is yours a 4 door? The dash and seats are really bothering me cause I'm gonna be getting some good sport seats to match interior and i have a kick ass dash matt for to cover the cracks in the dash. I also found out that at some point this car was owned by the US army and driven in Germany. Cause it was sold at at dealership there.

What i got from BMW archive on it

The BMW 318i US VIN EJ05383 was manufactured on January 17th, 1991 and delivered on February 14th, 1991 to the BMW Military Sales department. The original colour was Brillantrot, paint code 308.

They didn't make 91 318i's in a 2 door (that would be the 318is that is a 2 door). Mine is also from Germany it was bought and driven there for 15 years. If your dash is in MPH that means it has been in a crash over here in the states and the dash has been replaced. That happened with mine.

Edit- they made the convertible 318i that was a 2 door also

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post
                      They didn't make 91 318i's in a 2 door (that would be the 318is that is a 2 door). Mine is also from Germany it was bought and driven there for 15 years. If your dash is in MPH that means it has been in a crash over here in the states and the dash has been replaced. That happened with mine.

Edit- they made the convertible 318i that was a 2 door also

I didn't realize you said 318i. Mine is in MPH but this is cause when the Government bought it they ordered a US spec car but had it delivered in Germany. I have carfax etc giving it clean title all check out from my digging looking for repaired metal etc.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I didn't realize you said 318i. Mine is in MPH but this is cause when the Government bought it they ordered a US spec car but had it delivered in Germany. I have carfax etc giving it clean title all check out from my digging looking for repaired metal etc.

Mine has a clean title, but the dash has been replaced over here which kind of sucks. It would be cool to have the original dash in kilometers.

Comment

I picked up a sterlinsilber slick top 318i about a month ago, as a project. The 318s are my favorite model.
                          '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                          '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by fresh_TD View Post
                            I picked up a sterlinsilber slick top 318i about a month ago, as a project. The 318s are my favorite model.

I really am loving this car. The m42 is awesome I love it. I need to make or buy a cat back for this eventually as mine is rusty. Hopefully mid April this thing will be 100% ready for summer driving duties. Just waiting on parts

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I honestly kind of wish my 325i was a 318is. All well.... Anyways there is a Stromung group buy going on right now if you haven't seen it yet.

My Garage
                              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                                I honestly kind of wish my 325i was a 318is. All well.... Anyways there is a Stromung group buy going on right now if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=403659
                                I just sold one of these not too long ago. I parted out my slick top 318is, after getting in a wreck back in December.
                                '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                                '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Working...
                                X