No announcement yet.

Introducing Quade, the yuppie S52 vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting warm out and this thing is ready to cause some trouble (and reckless driving tickets)

Need to finish blasting the style 10's and powder coat them....but need to run 220v in my garage first for an oven....#firstworldproblems

555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
    '95 BMW e34 525i
    '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
    '92 Range Rover Classic
    '90 Range Rover Classic
    '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
    '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
    '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
    '67 Pontiac LeMans
    '24 Model T Depot Hack
    ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

Looks awesome!
      91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
      ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

How do you like the racing dynamics springs? I have a set that I'm debating on installing. Currently sitting on H&R sports.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
          How do you like the racing dynamics springs? I have a set that I'm debating on installing. Currently sitting on H&R sports.
          I have H&R sports on my '89 325i 2-door and love them a lot. The RD's I found on a late model vert in the junkyard- no idea how old they were or heavy they were used. They ride very similar to H&R's from the information I found out about them- but these were specific to the vert model- so I went ahead and installed them on Quade.

At the end of the day, of course I'd go H&R over RD's but again being a vert- I stuck with the RD's due to the difference in spring rates. I have no complaints about the RD's at all...just were a bit rusty when I got them.
          555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
          '95 BMW e34 525i
          '92 Range Rover Classic
          '90 Range Rover Classic
          '67 Pontiac LeMans
          '24 Model T Depot Hack
          ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

Broke the old Quaalude in with a 1,500 mile round trip down to Asheville, NC and back for the 2017 Vintage.

Was afraid of a million and one things- mostly the frankenstein differential blowing up in the middle of VA....however the only issue I had was the 30A window fuse blowing...and being sun burnt. Pretty impressed that I built this thing right! It's been running fabulous since then- right in time for summer...

555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
            '95 BMW e34 525i
            '92 Range Rover Classic
            '90 Range Rover Classic
            '67 Pontiac LeMans
            '24 Model T Depot Hack

Comment

Great build!! I wish I had half the know how to do the mechanical work. I have to pay for all of mine unfortunately. Enjoy the summer.

Comment

Beautiful car! The front license plate is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by tito12121 View Post
                  Great build!! I wish I had half the know how to do the mechanical work. I have to pay for all of mine unfortunately. Enjoy the summer.
                  You have all the know how right here on R3v! I've never been taught professionally anything mechanical (I'm a IT Solutions Architect during the day) but spending enough time on here, along with intensive research can make anyone accomplish anything. My friends and family all look at me like- "where the hell did you learn all this stuff?"

As I always say- if you enjoyed Legos as a kid- you can build any e30.....
                  555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
                  '95 BMW e34 525i
                  '92 Range Rover Classic
                  '90 Range Rover Classic
                  '67 Pontiac LeMans
                  '24 Model T Depot Hack

Comment

Originally posted by nachbarx View Post
                    Beautiful car! The front license plate is funny.
                    haha thanks- Damn German words are always too long for euro plates!
                    555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
                    '95 BMW e34 525i
                    '92 Range Rover Classic
                    '90 Range Rover Classic
                    '67 Pontiac LeMans
                    '24 Model T Depot Hack

Comment

Off Topic: What does a IT solutions architect actually do?

Right now I'm working at Palo Alto Networks as a level2 technical support.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by Klug View Post

As I always say- if you enjoyed Legos as a kid- you can build any e30.....
                        Ha! That is exactly how I feel about it.

My s52 is getting picked up by the freight company tomorrow. So excited.

Guess I need to sell off some of my m20 stuff.

Sub'd
                        sigpic
                        Gun control means using both hands
                        Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                          Off Topic: What does a IT solutions architect actually do?

Right now I'm working at Palo Alto Networks as a level2 technical support.
                          //WAY off topic but hopefully helpful info....

Solution Architects work on the pre-sale side of the house and get paid a comfortable salary + commission. You work directly with the customer and internally with the sales team to design, scope and quote a solution for a customer. Once they purchase, you get a little chunk of comission (small chunk compared to what the sales team would get, they usually get a small salary with higher commission payouts)

Once the sale goes through, you pretty much move on to another project and hand everything over to a Project Manager and Engineers to setup and install- then once that is all done- it goes to you to support it all!

I've been working in the Enterprise IT space (Storage, Ntwking, VM, Server) side for a while- ironically I used to sell Palo Alto FW's back in 2010 (PAN OS!) until recently and now I've been working in the Healthcare IT space. I'm always open to help other people who are interested in this stuff- since there isn't a whole bunch of us out there in this world- so feel free to PM me for any guidance.

//Back on topic

555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
                          '95 BMW e34 525i
                          '92 Range Rover Classic
                          '90 Range Rover Classic
                          '67 Pontiac LeMans
                          '24 Model T Depot Hack

Comment

Originally posted by Klug View Post
                            //WAY off topic but hopefully helpful info....

Solution Architects work on the pre-sale side of the house and get paid a comfortable salary + commission. You work directly with the customer and internally with the sales team to design, scope and quote a solution for a customer. Once they purchase, you get a little chunk of comission (small chunk compared to what the sales team would get, they usually get a small salary with higher commission payouts)

Once the sale goes through, you pretty much move on to another project and hand everything over to a Project Manager and Engineers to setup and install- then once that is all done- it goes to you to support it all!

I've been working in the Enterprise IT space (Storage, Ntwking, VM, Server) side for a while- ironically I used to sell Palo Alto FW's back in 2010 (PAN OS!) until recently and now I've been working in the Healthcare IT space. I'm always open to help other people who are interested in this stuff- since there isn't a whole bunch of us out there in this world- so feel free to PM me for any guidance.
                            Thanks! Sounds kind of like what we would call a Sales Engineer, They assist the sales person with the technical aspect of the sale, and help assist with setting some of this up. We have another team that can actually do the work of setting things up. Then I, as an engineer, get to help fix issues that may arise on existing product.

I have thought of going to be Sales Engineer. Not sure if I'm down for all the travel though. Hopefully will have a kiddo here not to long.
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Really nice build! Looks alot like my '92 although my paint is thrashed.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                                Really nice build! Looks alot like my '92 although my paint is thrashed.
                                I thought my paint was trashed also- but spending one night a week, with one panel at a time...really made the difference. So take a fender, door, trunk, hood etc and focus specifically on that one panel- give it as much time as it needs and you'll notice a difference.

My process is Clean>Clay Bar>Heavy Compound>Lighter Compound (optional)>Polish>Wax>Sealant all with a Porter Cable DR buffer., chemical guys pads, McGuire's Compound and their "Ultimate" synthetic polish and wax, chemical guys jet seal. I even had areas where the clear coat was completely peeled off, but with real heavy buffing was able to heat it up and blend it all in together.

I hate detailing, since I get antsy and want to rush through- I found out doing it this way, really corrects the paint and makes it last for quite some time.
                                555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
                                '95 BMW e34 525i
                                '92 Range Rover Classic
                                '90 Range Rover Classic
                                '67 Pontiac LeMans
                                '24 Model T Depot Hack

Comment

Working...
                                X