looking for some guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for some guidance

I did a lot of search/research and my head is spinning....I'm rebuilding the entire suspension for this 90' coupe and want to get it right the first time (short of GC coilovers. Weekend toy for those back roads, not racing it).
    So far I'm going with HR sport and Koni adjustable shocks. E36 m3 Offset control arm bushings, new arms etc.

Should I consider:
    GC camber plates for HR Sport springs?
    Offset trailing arm bushings for the rear?
    New Sway bars? front? rear? both?
    anything else you would recommend?

Thank you.

ps. I've searched till the point that my laptop was 5 sec from going out of the window...a lot of info out there...maybe too much....hence this post

responses will vary based on the person. I'm 40, i've had this car for 6-7 years. I like a nice sporty ride but i live in an area with the worst roads short of south america. I really like my setup, very simple too. Bav auto springs with bilsteins.
    sigpic

Comment

I have some unknown springs that are about the same drop and stiffness of HR Sports - maybe a bit stiffer. One thing I wish I had done was larger bars. I went with iX and cabro bars (a bit thicker then stock) but it's not enough.

You might look into e90 drop hats, it will take the nose down another 1/4" or a smdge more.

I love my adjustable rear sub-frame. I get excellent tire wear(edit: even tire wear). It's already paid for it's self.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I'm not a kid anymore myself. Actually this car is my son's and my project, good times. Thanks for the adj. subframe idea, didn't know one existed.

Comment

replacing worn suspension bushings is the first thing you want to do

You don't really need to run camber plates with H/R sports. They are great as a DD and feel good in curvy roads. They aren't low enough to really worry about your oil pan any more than usual.

Definitely go with koni yellows

You can get a sway bar kit from eibach etc or you can piece together a cabrio front with an ix rear. Depends what is more available

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I have H&R sports w/ Billys on my e30s. Just barely high enough to keep from scraping 6" curb stops with my "is" lip spoiler. On control arm bushings... I couldn't tell the difference on stock BMW vs Powerflex. But the Powerflex is easier to install.
            New shock tower mounts are a must if you don't go the camber plate route.

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
              replacing worn suspension bushings is the first thing you want to do
              Yes. And you would be amazed at how well an e30 feels with just new OEM bushings and not some crazy poly stuff. I went all OEM - and glad I did.
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

...and you could use offset M3 lollipop bushings to gain a bit of camber and caster in front...

t
                now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                X