"Double Lock" Delete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Double Lock" Delete?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere and I was unable to find it. I rebuilt my driver side door lock assembly about a year ago and for a while it functioned perfectly, "double lock" and all.

But in the last few weeks its started to act up again, and now the key must be turned all way to the "double lock" in order to lock the doors and then binds up and is very difficult to turn all the way back to unlock.

My question is: has anyone replaced the driver side assembly with the passenger side assembly? Thereby deleting the "Double Lock" feature entirely? I'd prefer to not have to rebuild this thing every year if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can do this.

For some reason when I did this the drivers door always ended up giving the signal to double lock the car. So if I locked the car from the drivers door, I could not use the key to unlock the passengers door. I am not sure why it did this, or if you will encounter this same issue. I found there was a connector near the bottom of the drivers door that you can disconnect which will fix this problem.

Comment

Oh awesome! I figured it was probably interchangeable - but its good to know I won't get part way through and find that they are shaped differently or something stupid like that.

I do for the most part really like the double locking, but apparently my car doesn't like having it anymore. I'm starting to get scared that I'm going to get locked out of my own car.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X