Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB Brilliantrot 318is Slicktop

WTB Brilliantrot 318is Slicktop

About 6 months ago I bought a 318is locally. You can view my build thread on it. Even though I love it, I've come to the realization that it would be easier to buy a better condition example rather than painstakingly restore the car I have.

Right now I'm only considering 318is's which are Brillantrot + slicktop. Good condition preferred, particularly the body condition. No/minimal rust, no major dents, original panels. Prefer original engine. I'm looking for a car to keep for a long time and will not be engine swapping or turning into a track car.

My budget is up to $8000. Cash in hand. PM email or text. toby.corbin@gmail.com 713-252-8861. Location: Houston, TX - willing to travel for right car. Would need to get PPI at a local mechanic if buying out of state. I've bought cars out of state before and may also consider shipping if the seller is comfortable with it.

List Date: 2/5/2017

For more info, click here to view the original listing: WTB Brilliantrot 318is Slicktop
    --------------------------------------

--------------------------------------
    Last edited by c0rbin9; 04-20-2017, 05:11 PM.
    1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

If you ever change your mind about color, I have an LSD Equipped Diamond Black 318iS Slicktop that I will be listing this week.

Comment

Not sure if you saw this. Looks decent, but the hawaii part turns me off.

Comment

Pretty set on red at the moment. May also consider a early model in Gletscherblau or silver, though I'm not sure how I would like the weight balance of an I6.

several,

I saw that one, in fact I spoke to the seller and am planning on seeing it in 3 weeks when I'm in the Bay Area for a family function. Just hope it doesn't go too soon. The price seems a little low to me, so I'm a little wary. Why is the Hawaii part a turn off to you?

Comment

Originally posted by c0rbin9 View Post
          Pretty set on red at the moment. May also consider a early model in Gletscherblau or silver, though I'm not sure how I would like the weight balance of an I6.

several,

I saw that one, in fact I spoke to the seller and am planning on seeing it in 3 weeks when I'm in the Bay Area for a family function. Just hope it doesn't go too soon. The price seems a little low to me, so I'm a little wary. Why is the Hawaii part a turn off to you?
          I'm not sure how long it was in Hawaii, but there is a lot of potential for rust in Hawaii. I'm just worried of something showing up down the line.

I'm also in the market for a 318is. I'd love to get a CA only car for the cool 90s plates.

Comment

I've got one with minimal rust but still overall a bit rough, currently not running but I bet it's a simple fix. Would be $2500 firm.
            My Feedback

Comment

1991 318IS

Comment

That one has overheating problems. He said this in an an he had up on BMW CCA classifieds.

Comment

Bump. Still looking for a red 318is slicktop.

Comment

Here's one: https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6057558060.html
                    1991 349is (wadded up)
                    1984 Rabbit 2.0L16v swap (wife's)
                    2003 LR Disco II (wife's)
                    1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
                    1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)
                    2004 KTM 525 EXC-R SM Sold:(

Comment

Originally posted by Pipes View Post
                      Nice looking find.
                      1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                      1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                      September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                      Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

I've seen that one - it has non-original body panels, so I'm not interested.

Thanks for suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by c0rbin9 View Post
                          I've seen that one - it has non-original body panels, so I'm not interested.

Thanks for suggestion.
                          Man, I would be all over that one. good luck on your search.
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Pipes View Post
                            Is it me or is the driver side door a different color compared to the rest of car?

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
                              Is it me or is the driver side door a different color compared to the rest of car?
                              Didn't even notice that. Looks like it is.
                              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                              X