No announcement yet.

DIY A/C Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So which A/C line did the OP used ? From the compressor to the condenser? i tried both the E34 M50 and E36 M3, they don't clear the frame.
    Sticky:True e36 one touch windows DIY

1990 M3
    1992 Mtech (S50 + 5 Lug)

Comment

Splicers are also available from http://www.tubesnhoses.com/products.asp?cat=445

I just had a local shop make some hoses for me for $98.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanan View Post
        Splicers are also available from http://www.tubesnhoses.com/products.asp?cat=445

I just had a local shop make some hoses for me for $98.
        Going to order these soon! Thanks for the link.

I bought a crimper and an e34 line so I'm hoping to finally have a/c this summer!!!
        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

here are my lines (don't mind the dirtiness):

they spliced the e36 line tips to the e30 lines and done.

on the wiring part... i connected the 64pin to the blk/red wire on the glove box plug but my idle keeps hunting. any idea?

Comment

Since the links for the splicers no longer work (or at least no longer listed) I've found the following. Figured I'd share. Can be found on Amazon or just google search the parts.

#8-#8 splicer
            Four Seasons - 14308

#10-#12 splicer adapter
            Four Seasons - 17410

Comment

Subscribed

Comment

Thanks for posting this thread up. I used one splicer on the line from the pump to the rest of the car and had the hose from the condenser to the pump welded since there wasn't enough hose room to splice that one. I had Hose-Man in La Mirada do this for about $100. Well worth it for us LA, OC people I think. Converting to R134 was easy for me (at least I think this is why) because my e30 is a '93 vert. I read somewhere that older Model verts can convert to R134 without doing much or anything. Pluged in the e30 connector to the M52 pump, hit the AC button and have ac. Awesome!

Comment

I am using A/C compressor from E46

Comment

Please clarify and confirm an M52 AC compressor will fit the E30 hose fittings? therefore plug and play action!!

Comment

^ uh nope. Youll have to make lines.

Comment

Bump, looking for some updated info on this. Just bought a car and will need AC. Going to see if I can find a shop that can make me some.
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

does anyone know the diameter of the stock e30 m42 A/C lines? I want to order new barrier hose, but don't have them in front of me and want to order the correct size.
                          1991 318is ---230K - DD
                          1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                          so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Have ordered this plate to replace the plate on the E36 compressor (Denso 10pa17) and 45 deg fittings which supposedly connect to the e30 lines.

Will know more in 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian697 View Post
                              Have ordered this plate to replace the plate on the E36 compressor (Denso 10pa17) and 45 deg fittings which supposedly connect to the e30 lines.

Will know more in 2 weeks.
                              Any luck with this? If so, what's the part number for the plate?

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                                Bump, looking for some updated info on this. Just bought a car and will need AC. Going to see if I can find a shop that can make me some.
                                Update,

I found a Denso compressor on eBay that had the top plate with the correct fittings, both putting up.

Then I used the fittings to have custom lines made. Got a guy to look at it as I was getting frustrated with the fittings not fitting flush and he replaced the bolts and now it works.

Now to see why it dies, rev hunts, while coming to a stop with the AC on, and off even.
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X