Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 m50 extending driveshaft help

Hey guys,

Im sorry to bring this topic up again I know its been covered several times but I can't get my f*($*ng driveshaft to lengthen. Before I took the engine out everything hooked up perfect. Now I put everything back together and it seems as though its 3/4 inch too short. It is possible the driveshaft hit floor several times as car was going in and out of shop when engine was out so it could have been tapped in a couple times but nothing crazy. Anyways any advice how to get it to stretch? I completely loosened the center nut and pulled and tapped on it with a hammer and nothing.

Im double guessing myself and thinking if theres some spacer or something I missed but I went over everything 100 times and googled and forum search this over and over and I can't figure it out.

Any advice will help a lot. Thanks!

you will have to take the driveshaft off. Then spray some lubricant in the extending part, then lightly tap with hammer, it should come out. If not then it rusted in solid. Then got to heat it up with torch to get it lose.

Comment

What does the CSB mounting location look like? if it looks like it needs to go forward than my bet is the spline is to far in the mating part.

Comment

I figured i would just take a pic make it a lot easier than explaining

Comment

Originally posted by shocwav3 View Post
          What does the CSB mounting location look like? if it looks like it needs to go forward than my bet is the spline is to far in the mating part.
          what do you think?

Comment

Undo that collar/nut near the csb. May help. I had the same issue but with my manual conversion, had to pulk the drive shaft out.

On a thought try longer bolt/nuts to pull it forward? Then use the normal ones for fixing. GL
            .................................................. ...................sigpic
            .................................................. ............................. ......M50B25 3.1L stroker

Comment

Ok so I got the drivehsaft to move just about where I want it and then retightened bolt. Is it normal for it to be this far out? I know inside theres another 2 inches of hold but the male part of the shaft is obviously not completely in. What do you guys think?

Comment

anything?

Comment

You're fine

Comment

Originally posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
                    You're fine
                    hell yea!!

Comment

Working...
                    X