This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikegar View Post
    Engine- m50 block, 2.8l crank and rods, m50tu pistons, m50tu head and electrics, m50 intake manifold, m52 headers, m54b30 Intake cam, m52 exhaust cam

Exhuast- shitty

Tranny- g260

Stock booster

Red label 413 with generic chip

F1 aluminum flywheel

Spal pusher fan

No ac

No ps
    any dyno numbers? looking forward for some similar setup,thanks!
    “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
    ― Jeremy Clarkson
    Euro 318is M50 build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Aguedae30 View Post
      any dyno numbers? looking forward for some similar setup,thanks!
      No dyno numbers. But if I had to do it again id try hard to find a s52 parts car. I dont feel my setup made much economic sense.
      Originally posted by Ferdinand
      I carry a cheap pressure gauge in my glovebox with which to manually check my tire pressures, but I keep forgetting that in the USA glovebox space is sacred as it is reserved exclusively for the purpose of storing handguns.

DIVING BOARD DIVISION DIVISION IDIOT

Comment

Hey R3v, my recently complete swap setup... yet to be road worthy as i have a differential, and getting an exhaust fabled up left. anyway, here it is, this has worked for me so far...

1. Engine
        Bought an S50B30 US with 101xxx miles, 3.5 inch HFM, and a Silver label 413 that i later bought a TMS EWS delete chip plus upgrades. Im running UUC underdrive pulleys, no AC, Stewart water pump, bavauto coil packs, silicone full 3.5" intake, and some other various goodies

2. Engine Wiring
        I used the original S50 harness and had it rewired by Markert Motorworks. Very professional, good service, Dave did a great job. Was also very helpful after the fact when i had a starting issue that ended up being unrelated to the harness... (i had my harness hooked up to the power block wrong, and then i also had fuel lines mixed up...)

3. Drivetrain
        Original ZF310 that came with the engine, 101xxx miles. Ill be using a 97 M3 driveshaft with a new CSB and large guibo, all linked up to a 3.23 or 3.25 LSD when i can get my hands on one.

4. Shift Lever and Linkage
        E36 stock linkage fit perfectly with the E30 chassis mounting bracket. Looking into getting a UUC Evo SSK once i get it drivable.

5. Motor Mounts
        AKG poly 24v mounts. Worked very well for me, easy to get on. Plus, word is they will last much longer that the e28 green ones.

6. Brake Booster, Master Cylinder, and External Reservoir
        Zionsville autosport brake booster (modified e21 booster i believe) with stock MC and Res. I measured cut and bent all new brake lines to delete my ABS system (which was broken). Markert was able to completely leave out any wiring for ABS in my harness on request. Will be getting a 25mm MC when I have the money to buy and find a complete MZ3 rear end for 5 lug.

7. Steering System
        Zionsville 2.7 lok-lock kit. i believe its a z3 1.9 rack with custom made linkage from zionsville. Had to readjust my steering column to fit the new link due to my cars airbag system (also deleted) but it fit in the end. Also have a MOMO tuner steering wheel 350mm with a BMW logo horn button.

8. Cooling System
        Mishimoto radiator, samco silicone hosing, stewart water pump, SPAL 16 high performance pusher with no puller, 80/88cc fan switch, 80cc thermostat, zionsville e36 fan shroud coolant reservoir. What i did was i took the reservoir off the fan shroud and fabs up a custom bracket to mount it behind the passenger side headlight. You can see it right there in the picture.

9. Exhaust System
        Raceland longtube headers and a Stromung E30 Catback is what i currently have. Im going to get a Y pipe welded to the race lands into a 3" single ss pipe back into another y pipe and into the stromung.

Various other upgrades I'm sure I'm forgetting such as stainless clutch line, Bimmerworld comp FCABs, and my yet to be completed custom fiberglass CAI box, etc, but thats basically it. Ive been collecting parts since november last year, pulled the M20 in May of this year, and got it running 2 days ago, July 25. Hope you enjoyed, i have pages and pages of sources and possible setups saved from months of researching this stuff, but this is my setup so far. Thanks for looking!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by zcenterb; 07-29-2014, 10:56 AM.
        CENTERBAR MOTORSPORT - Check out my small Bimmer/Beamer parts and custom projects business!
        Instagram: @centerbarmotorsport
        Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/centerbarmo...?ref=bookmarks

The Fleet:
        -1984 325ei Lapis
        -1991 325ix Diamond
        - 2005 X5 4.4i Black Sapphire

-1972 2002tii Fjord - SOLD 7/8/17
        -1991 325i S50 ///Sterling Silver/// - SOLD 9/15/17

The Bike:
        -1980 R100RS Inca

sigpic

Comment

Wow, looks bad ass! Where did you get that bent silicone pipe before the AFM at? And what filter?
          84 325e Burgundrot S52 M Tech 1.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250109

Comment

Originally posted by Aviator View Post
            Wow, looks bad ass! Where did you get that bent silicone pipe before the AFM at? And what filter?
            High performance silicone. http://www.hps-siliconehoses.com. its the 3.5inch 45 degree angle tube. Had to cut it down so it would fit behind my light. the post HFM silicone is bimmerworld. And i still have to get a carbon fiber CAI box made up. The filter is an ITG 3.5 inched from Turner Motorsports. Super high flow foam or something. I had a gift card haha. Thank you, its much appreciated.
            CENTERBAR MOTORSPORT - Check out my small Bimmer/Beamer parts and custom projects business!

The Fleet:
            -1984 325ei Lapis
            -1991 325ix Diamond

The Bike:
            -1980 R100RS Inca

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zcenterb View Post
              High performance silicone. http://www.hps-siliconehoses.com. its the 3.5inch 45 degree angle tube. Had to cut it down so it would fit behind my light.
              I'm using one of their hump couplers on my Fiero... HPS is the only company I could find that had 3.5" diameter couplers in 4" length; everywhere else only had 3" length.

Comment

Yea, only place I could find that had the 45 degree 3.5 inch tube. Only thing I didn't like was that they didn't put the receipt or invoice in the box, but not a big deal. Love it so far. Sound great too

The Fleet:
                -1984 325ei Lapis
                -1991 325ix Diamond

The Bike:
                -1980 R100RS Inca

sigpic

Comment

Such information! Great thread.

Am I correct in assuming the E36 drive-shaft is required no matter what transmission you use?

Comment

Trying to get my small turned large project completed in time to enjoy it a little before winter. Luckily this will also be a winter beater (body) with snow tires and a refreshed 2.93LSD.

Drivers Side UUC Camber plate. Questionable wiring to be dealt with.

New everything up front. Catch can to be added to crankcase vent hose.

Condor motor mount and inner control arm nut to 61ft/lbs

Max neg setting

19mm front sway and IE adjustable end link

New Lem control arm with all new HDWE

IE front sway reinforcement and ECS brake line

Pass side UUC camber plate with E Bay headers

New valve cover gasket and trim pieces

Raw Magnesium valve cover with Gibbs Brand protection

Pass side max neg camber

Pass side view

M42 rad back in

New tensioner, T stat housing, T stat, Stewart pump, VANOS oil line, belt, all HDWE

New drivers side Bilstein Sports and Eibach Pro Kits

New pass side Bilstein Sports and Eibach Kits

M diff cover with Condor bushing, new fill plug and magnetic drain plug

All new except alt

600 Q Tips later

Wimpy wimpy wimpy, hefty hefty hefty!

Comment

1. Engine
                      S52B32: full conversion over to OBDI (includes coils, fuel rail, manifold, throttle body, etc). I had the water pipe on the side of the head tapped for the cluster temp sensor.
                      Stock s52 cams (intake/exhaust)
                      Custom intake seat and intake valve job for increased flow
                      24lb injectors
                      3" stock MAF
                      K&N 9in filter
                      e34 oil pan with stock baffle

2. Engine Wiring
                      S50 harness
                      Re-wired the c101 connector to match the harness (I chose this method because the x20 has more locations for connectors if I need one day).
                      Also, re-wired the harness for the cluster temp and the ecu temp sensor.

3. Drivetrain
                      ZF 32x (Cant remember the exact number...its the typical ZF from the e36 m3).
                      Stock m3 flywheel
                      Stock m3 pressure plate and clutch disc
                      E36 m3 clutch slave cylinder
                      E30 325i clutch master cylinder
                      E30 UUC Stainless Steel Clutch hose
                      Stock m20 transmission mount
                      Manual e30 driveshaft with E30 CSB (Large guibo drive shaft)
                      3.73 LSD (For now)

Stock ZF shifter and selector rod
                      E30 leather shift knob

5. Motor Mounts
                      E28 Green Heavy Duty motor mounts

E30 booster (Shifted over 1/2 in with a modified clevis)
                      E30 master cylinder with stock reservoir
                      Shaved the last 3 intake manifold fins off for a little extra clearance.
                      E10 booster check valve

7. Steering System
                      Stock e30 steering rack

8. Cooling System
                      M20 radiator
                      Normal M20 spider hose.
                      Dual 10in puller fans wired up to the e36 ti 80/88 lower temp switch (Temp gauge should run directly in the middle)
                      Normal Aux Pusher fan in front (Mostly for AC...but also for a backup).

9. Exhaust System
                      Stock OBDII exhaust manifolds (O2 sensor bungs plugged and EGR holes welded) into stock m20 exhaust.
                      M20 exhaust was cut in the front and mated up to the manifolds.
                      I had a bung welded onto the custom piece, but you can probably use one of the stock bungs and only plug the other one.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by sweet3; 09-28-2014, 09:05 PM.
                      PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

Here's my 1988 325i convertible.

1. Engine
                        OBD1 converted M52B28 from a 1998 328is, M50 intake manifold, throttle body, and fuel rail, e34 525i oil pan, oil pick up and dipstick, e36 m3 euro 3.5" 806 MAF, RK-Tunes performance chip

2. Engine Wiring
                        e34 525i OBD1 vanos wire harness, red-label 413 dme

3. Drivetrain
                        ZF320 (also from the 1998 328is) with a Sachs OEM clutch, e36 m3 driveshaft, 3.73 LSD

z3 1.9 short shifter

5. Motor Mounts
                        AKG Polyurethane M5x/S5x Motor Mounts

E21 brake booster, OEM E30 master cylinder and fluid reservoir

7. Steering System
                        z3 steering rack

8. Cooling System
                        OEM M42 radiator with a 16" SPAL pusher fan

9. Exhaust System
                        Supersprint replica (ebay) headers into a 2.5" single exhaust, Vibrant 1141 resonator, and a Magnaflow 14815 muffler

10. Cosmetics
                        Shaved and resprayed engine bay, battery relocated to the trunk, and e30 m3 wire harness firewall cover.

Swap completed by AMS Autowerks in Linden, NJ.

Comment

1987 325 Sedan

Engine: M50TUB25 that was very well taken care of, ~100k, ECS overdrive water pump pulley, pink top injectors, Miller WAR chip, soon to have S50 cams, no AC, no PS

Drivetrain: Getrag g250, 2.93LSD

Shifter/Linkage: AKG stage II tunnel mount short shifter, custom linkage

Mounts: Condor motor mounts, AKG cupped trans mounts

Cooling System: 318IS radiator, low temp fan switch, aftermarket fan, low temp t-stat.

Exhaust: Raceland shorty header, 2.5" piping, 12" Vibrant resonator, Vibrant Streetpower muffler

Cosmetics: Valve cover and oil filter housing powdercoated wrinkle black

IMG_20141130_163138 by Greg-Kline, on Flickr

Comment

sry

i'm sorry to bother everyone on here but i'm new and i don't know how to post anything. D: i just have a question to ask~~~

Comment

Originally posted by thate30chick View Post
                              i'm sorry to bother everyone on here but i'm new and i don't know how to post anything. D: i just have a question to ask~~~
                              then just ask ;)
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Oh my an e30 chick. Inb4 the vultures comes swooping in to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X