My E30 325iS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My E30 325iS

Well I turned 16 recently and I have always been a fan of the E30 BMW. I started a part time job and one of my dad's friends was selling an E30 and I couldn't pass that up. My aunt gave me $2000 dollars and I still have to pay her back, I'm almost done. After I get the car paid off I'm going to start fixing it up and make it look nice. I'm thinking black metallic paint and BBS basketweave 15"?

Skip the black metallic paint. Euro weaves would look great, and the red that's on there is in great condition. A good clay bar and wax will make it shine better than bass boat paint. Nice e30 you have there, do you know if any of the maintenance has been done or have records of it? I'd replace that timing belt and water pump asap.

Comment

I know there has been new suspension installed and new brakes and tires installed. I'll replace the timing belt eventually once I get my intermediate license. There are some little dents around the car that needs to be taken care of. And I'd also like to get a Euro front bumper

Comment

yeah def don't do a color change. Leave it as is....
        www.instagram.com/snwmble
        #snwmble

Current:
        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

euro bumpers aren't cheap, but they do look very clean. I'd do the timing belt as soon as you can, nobody likes having to replace a head also. Plus the t-belt and pump is cheap, as in under $100 cheap. It's really good insurance to have before you start driving.

Comment

bumper swap/shadowline the trim, suspension upgrade & wheels would be great! Nice car.

Comment

Well considering I can't drive for a few months I can start saving up for parts and whatnot. Thanks for the advice guys!

Comment

That is a clean platform to start on! What I would to is try to restore the paint, you'll decide to keep it once you do this lol. I would also tuck the bumpers and make sure the bumper surrounds are straight. Finally some euroweaves and h&r races would set it off nicely. But, that's just my opinion

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Wow, that is a very nice base to start with for $2000! Like has been said, instead of thinking about an expensive repaint (much less color change) I would look at restoring it. There are many resources online, and you'd be surprised at what can be done. Most important now, though, is timing belt and water pump.

Instead of thinking about all these things you want to modify or change, just spend time getting to know and appreciate the amazing car that you have. Find all the things that need attention and get it looking and driving as best as it can in its current form. I think learning to be detailed in maintaining a stock(ish) car will help you appreciate it more, and make you put more thought into what you modify.
                  My Feedback

Comment

That paint will definitely come back with some elbow grease. I have an '87 IS in the same color (zinno) and it blew me away how much I was able to get it to shine.

Comment

My E30 325iS

Can't even believe your considering a color change. This kid has a lot to learn, such as how important timing belts are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                      1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                      1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                      1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                      1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                      1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                      Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                      1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                      1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                      X