Thoughts to those in Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Thoughts and Prayers go out to those affected by the bullish!t going on in Louisiana today.

Back The Blue.
    90 325i TrackRat uncaged

89 ZinnoRed Riot 325is

13 Cognito PPEI Duramax

Im grieved to hear this...
    I hope the families of the victims can recover from this.
    Last edited by BECKSTER; 07-17-2016, 02:38 PM.
    1990 Alpine 325is
    1992 Schwarz 325ic (sold)

Comment

Its starting to be too normal to see tragedy in our backyards.
      90 325i TrackRat uncaged

89 ZinnoRed Riot 325is

13 Cognito PPEI Duramax

Comment

indeed.

im so sick of this bullshit. more than half the problem is the media sensationalizing this crap.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
          more than half the problem is the media sensationalizing this crap.
          Seriously.

As far as I know, our freedom of speech does have limits, and I believe inciting violence is one of them. What the media does doesn't quite fall under that definition, but IMO it's close. I really think we need some rules put in place to put a stop to all this ridiculous media sensationalism.

Comment

^
            Yeah especially since the last one of these in TX was based on piss poor reporting by the major medias rush to press, of the incident in MN that was used as fuel to stoke that fire.

Will this one be a hate crime this time ???

Yeah I am sick an tired of all this shit as well. I really feel bad for those that keep getting caught up in this crap.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

i DONT want to turn this thread into another gun debate.

there is an article in the usa today titled "cleveland police union appeals for weapons ban".

i have to laugh at the ridiculousness of this. i feel like isolating myself from all media outlets.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Think its funny all the black people calling for cops to stop being racist and profiling and what not. When it take both sides to make a change and they are making no effort. Killing cops and rioting is sure fire way to get change but in all the wrong ways. Its funny at the people trying to enforce more gun laws. Both people that killed cops in Louisiana and Dallas were ex marines with honorable discharges so it would of been impossible to keep a gun out of there hands really. Then you look at France. That dude didn't even need a gun he just mowed over them.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

i can see on some small fractional level that they have a point. when i was in college, one of my good buddies was a black guy. he didn't act or look like a hood rat in any way. he came from a well off family and had a pretty nice car for a college student. it was a stock nissan without the slightest hint of ghetto bling. i can recollect 3 instances were we were out tooling around town and were pulled over and given a really hard time by the cops. "do you have any drugs? weapons? did you steal this car?" kinda shit. once, we had to get out of the car, put our hands on the hood and enjoy some asshole pig's hands on our dicks. in all occasions, they fucked with us for about 20 minutes before they let us go on our way. when i drove, no one ever bothered us. to this day, i am 45 years old and have never had this happen to me on any other occasion. i think its the kind of thing that isn't understood unless a person has been through it. i can say that to this day, i still harbor a mild underlying animosity toward police. there is a somewhat valid point to this shit, but how the fuck can they think the answer is killing a few policemen?
                  Last edited by flyboyx; 07-18-2016, 06:56 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                    i can see on some small fractional level that they have a point. when i was in college, one of my good buddies was a black guy. he didn't act or look like a hood rat in any way. he came from a well off family and had a pretty nice car for a college student. it was a stock nissan without the slightest hint of ghetto bling. i can recollect 3 instances were we were out tooling around town and were pulled over and given a really hard time by the cops. "do you have any drugs? weapons? did you steal this car?" kinda shit. once, we had to get out of the car, put our hands on the hood and enjoy some asshole pig's hands on our dicks. in all occasions, they fucked with us for about 20 minutes before they let us go on our way. when i drove, no one ever bothered us. to this day, i am 45 years old and have never had this happen to me on any other occasion. i think its the kind of thing that isn't understood unless a person has been through it. i can say that to this day, i still harbor a mild underlying animosity toward police. there is a somewhat valid point to this shit, but how the fuck can they think the answer is killing a few policemen?
                    Yes I can admit Ive seen that happen to. Even been harassed myself but think it was just the cop being an ass that time.And like i said to get change it takes both side to cooperate. I feel like to fix the issue on cops they just need to install body cams on all officers and have a third party handle the films and reviewing them to see if the cops acted in the wrong and then just have more cops police each other. Just because he's wearing a badge doesn't mean that they cant step up and tell him to shut up and let said per go on about there business. If they made more minor traffic offenses second degree then they wont be able to pull them over and harass them for petty shit like following to closely them types of violations are just covers for cops to pull you over cause they are suspicious and its down right bull shit.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I think it's fascinating and unsurprising to see how a few cases representative of a minuscule percentage of a larger population are inciting blind rage and revenge against that whole population.

Not that it sounds familiar or anything.
                      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
                      X