X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
    https://www.billofrightsinstitute.or...ill-of-rights/

Those should be heralded as the gold standard by which every government is judged by. They were adopted in 1791 BTW. They will never be considered primitive and if they are, its because a primitive person is deeming it so.
    I am in agreement on the bill of rights. That other nations have adopted similar policies is a testament their effectiveness.
    sigpic
    Gun control means using both hands
    Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
      yup you really need hindsight to reach the conclusion that slavery is abhorrent
      Only when Americans did it is it abhorrent. Not when it still exists today in various forms across the globe. At least we had the provision to abolish it and there are WELL documented discussions of public record that the founders did everything they could to stop it from the onset of this nation's founding.

So keep ringing that old, tired bell that America is bad.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

harmony is actually tyranny and the destruction of liberty.
        thank you
        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Poor Doritos.
          Obviously, he was speaking of himself... ;-)

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I mean, you could say the handful that got shot in our history got treated worse. Let alone other countries.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

I think that statement is probably taken out of context. I don't know where it came from exactly, but I would bet that he's talking in relation to the media's vilification of him.

Either way, I would say that his lack of historical knowledge is quite interesting and has made for some good entertainment. I don't know that it matters in terms of making a good or poor leader, but it certainly hasn't done him any favors with the media, which I guess circles back around to the beginning of this post.

Comment

i think Trump's detractors read too much into what he says, and much of it is his own fault, sort of.

"wire tapping" somehow is interpreted literally, "treated worse" is supposed to be literal instead of an emotion from a man under constant assault from the left trying to destroy his presidency.

The reason his supporters still support the man is he reacts much like you or I would under the same circumstances, and he's not interpreted literally. His supporters understand him to be serious about his agenda, but not serious in things he might say. The left is exactly the opposite, he can't possible be a serious politician because of his hair, his tweets and his persona, and take his statements literally.
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

lol at people who buy into these cults of personality

Comment

Fuck that harmony. That harmony is actually tyranny and the destruction of liberty. I would hate to think that the world's capability peaked in 1791.

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                    thank you

So the same folks that condemned Barry over the political division in this country have found a way to spin division under T-Rump as good for the health of liberty. Crafty.
                    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                    -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Whoa, did we ever say Trump was some kind of standard bearer? No. We didn't. And political division is good. It means less fuckups by the government.

The filter we see the world is liberty.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

i think Trump's detractors read too much into what he says, and much of it is his own fault, sort of.

"wire tapping" somehow is interpreted literally, "treated worse" is supposed to be literal instead of an emotion from a man under constant assault from the left trying to destroy his presidency.

The reason his supporters still support the man is he reacts much like you or I would under the same circumstances, and he's not interpreted literally. His supporters understand him to be serious about his agenda, but not serious in things he might say. The left is exactly the opposite, he can't possible be a serious politician because of his hair, his tweets and his persona, and take his statements literally.
                        I don't think it's going to matter much. He's losing support of too many of his party members in Congress. It's not just the left who isn't happy anymore. And we'll see in 2018 how many of his supporters are sticking with him by how many seats the democrats pick up.

As I've said all along; I despise the man but I wanted him to succeed for the sake of the country. Looks like he is not capable as was suspected.
                        "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                        -----------------------------------------
                        91 318is Turbo Sold
                        87 325 Daily driver Sold
                        06 4.8is X5
                        06 Mtec X3
                        05 4.4i X5 Sold
                        92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                        90 325i Sold
                        97 328is Sold
                        01 323ci Sold
                        92 325i Sold
                        83 528e Totaled
                        98 328i Sold
                        93 325i Sold

Comment

^
                          Actually i disagree with your assessment 318is. The fact he has both parties upset is a measure of success imho. The DC establishment hates him and he's a threat to their business as usual life style, both parties. The R's are as guilty as the D's.

DC needs to be restructured, term limits voted in as a amendment, and people like Mad Maxine Waters, John McCain, Chuck Schumer and their like need to go home.

And it will never happen with a traditional politician.

BTW when is the last time either party actually cut the size of government like his budget proposes?
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

BTW when is the last time either party actually cut the size of government like his budget proposes?
                            It is called deregulation. Let's get rid of safeguards that keep industrial from polutting or selling people toxic goods, which would be bad for profit. How do you see any positive to it. The new proposed budget increases for militaries but greatly reduces social supports.

BTW There's a huge gap between a proposition and an acceptance. That budget is a nonsense.
                            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

when was the last time either party took a serious look at cutting the military spending?

Trump is not shaking up politics so much as he is enabling terrible republicans to enact draconian spending cuts and deregulation of safety and environmental policies that they've always wanted.

Comment

^
                                Actually i disagree with your assessment 318is. The fact he has both parties upset is a measure of success imho. The DC establishment hates him and he's a threat to their business as usual life style, both parties. The R's are as guilty as the D's.
                                That's fine, disagreement is welcome. The only way to tell for sure will be to wait for the results of the upcoming elections...

DC needs to be restructured, term limits voted in as a amendment, and people like Mad Maxine Waters, John McCain, Chuck Schumer and their like need to go home.
                                Agree whole-heartedly on term limits, restructuring DC (outlaw think tanks and lobbying), and campaign reform. Never thought of John McCain as a terrible politician though. Just someone I don't necessarily agree with on everything... which is fine. No politician is a perfect fit for everyone or anyone.

And it will never happen with a traditional politician.

Agree on the first half and am scared by the second half. The parts of government he is proposing downsizing are necessarily the parts I want to see downsized dramatically. Partially, maybe... but not to the extent he has gone. And he has proposed leaving other portions of the government as bloated as ever... or even larger that I would prefer to see cut drastically.
                                "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                                -----------------------------------------
                                91 318is Turbo Sold
                                87 325 Daily driver Sold
                                06 4.8is X5
                                06 Mtec X3
                                05 4.4i X5 Sold
                                92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                                90 325i Sold
                                97 328is Sold
                                01 323ci Sold
                                92 325i Sold
                                83 528e Totaled