ABS Disengagement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, good thread :up:

The ABS in my E30 are broken... I've hit ABS once in my Mom's chevy tracker. Fully pounding it down at the beach, then i tried some hard braking and the pedal just felt like crap. Did it a few times before I realized it was ABS :P

Comment

I think my ABS is a little screwy, it engages sooner than i think it should be. Im not tracking YET, but i should be by this next season or so, what do you recomend i do about it. As said by many here, im not a huge fan of the old ABS, so should i just remove it? Is there anything id loose by doing so? Thanks

Brian

Comment

When I was at the track for the last event, I spoke with several people about this issue. In most cases, cars set-up for racing have brake bias adjustability. This allows the brake line pressure to be adjusted from front to back so that one end doesn't lock up before the other. You don't want to go into a turn hot and have the rear lock up on you as you trail brake.

Anyway, most cars with ABS use the main pump to deal with this issue, as well as a bias valve, which can't be adjusted. After learning this, I decided to leave it on during the rainy day at Limerock. Until I can find something that allows me to adjust the bias, I doubt I'll be doing anything with it. While I think the e30 ABS sucks, I'd guess it will be unbalanced without it.
        Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

Originally posted by modifiede30
          In most cases, cars set-up for racing have brake bias adjustability. This allows the brake line pressure to be adjusted from front to back so that one end doesn't lock up before the other.
          This isn't quite true. Brake bias adjustability is only used in the rear. You do not bias the "front to back." Front braking never changes, just the amount of pressure going to the rears. :)

Comment

This isn't quite true. Brake bias adjustability is only used in the rear. You do not bias the "front to back." Front braking never changes, just the amount of pressure going to the rears.
            Nice catch. Sorry. The point still holds true - you don't want the rears locking up prematurely.
            Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

Working...
            X