Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a new bike, need a shop that you would recommend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a new bike, need a shop that you would recommend.

I'm buying a cheap mountain/street bike here pretty soon and wanted to know which shop any locals would recommend. I'd like to support a shop with good customer service.

Please don't say Lakeside bicycles in Lake Oswego, the owner is a total asshole.

Thanks in advance.

Looks like I'm getting the Scott Sub 30. I'm going with a cheaper bike because I'm also trying to save up for a Rem 700.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Try the bicycle thread...

Comment

I looked through that thread but it's a picture thread. I'll just pick a place if I don't hear from anyone specifically.
      Last edited by joshh; 07-12-2008, 08:27 PM.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I've always heard good things about River City.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Comment

"en selle" in john's landing. the guy there knows his shit, and is super nice. no typical bike-snob attitude at all, and he has some beautiful stuff there.

id avoid "bike central" unless you want to be talked down to by a douchebag.
            Originally posted by Holland
            There should be a restraining order to keep kids 100 feet from that car at all times. Plus execution on the sight to anyone who places a shopping cart within 200 feet of the thing.

Comment

"en selle" in john's landing. the guy there knows his shit, and is super nice. no typical bike-snob attitude at all, and he has some beautiful stuff there.

id avoid "bike central" unless you want to be talked down to by a douchebag.
              There should be a restraining order to keep kids 100 feet from that car at all times. Plus execution on the sight to anyone who places a shopping cart within 200 feet of the thing.

Comment

oops. sorry for thr double post.
                i keep getting an "invalid thread" error when i try to post a reply. and it keeps making me log in.

are these known bugs, or does my browser just hate me?

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                  I'm buying a cheap mountain/street bike here pretty soon and wanted to know which shop any locals would recommend. I'd like to support a shop with good customer service.

Please don't say Lakeside bicycles in Lake Oswego, the owner is a total asshole.

Thanks in advance.

Looks like I'm getting the Scott Sub 30. I'm going with a cheaper bike because I'm also trying to save up for a Rem 700.
                  If you are not up for new check out Craigslist, there a number of great bikes in your area.
                  I highly suggest Kona's
                  Kevin

www.seatkit.com New Site first week of April 2011
                  Your DIY upholstery source
                  e30tech forum sponsor
                  E46 uphosltery kits coming soon..........
                  kchinn@creativeoptions.info

Comment

buy a track bike!! (coincidentally, i happen to have a nice vintage italian one for sale) hehe

Comment

Working...
                    X