No announcement yet.

Got bit by the turbo bug.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i decided to go big or go home and bought the stage 3 TCD turbo, manifold and 38mm wastegate. At least i won't have mess around with fabbing the DP. For now i'll just remove the aux fan. Its the radiator temp sensor in not installed anywho and i don't think it comes currently. Does not overheat so i should be ok. Eventually i'll drop some coin on a spall and maybe remove the clutch fan. But my money would be better spent with a stronger clutch. I've heard some pretty good reviews from the ebay gripforce stage 3 kit. Its only $220 shipped so i'll go that route. Car failed smog so i need to toss on a new cat and get that done before i start swapping.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
      If i paypal you the funds could you have your shop make me a oil feed T to my specs? Also whats the stats on your pusher fan?
      Sorry didn't see this. They are a hydraulic shop. I got lucky enough to stumble in there on the advice of a guy with a turbo beetle (the original ones). Took my oil feed, oil pressure sensor (stock), and my electronic oil pressure sensor with me. Handed them to the guy and said, I need a line with this (stock sensor) thread. I need it to feed a T fitting so that I can pull this (oil feed) and this (aftermarket sensor) off it. He fixed me up a small (~1 ft) line and T fitting.

The fan is a stock electric fan from a volvo of some sort (900 series or 700 series). I have an extra one I believe. I can measure the depth if that's what you're looking for. Moves some serious air I'll say that. Can take my engine down from 12 oclock on the gauge to between 1/4 and 1/2 in about 1 min.
      "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
      -----------------------------------------
      91 318is Turbo Sold
      87 325 Daily driver Sold
      06 4.8is X5
      06 Mtec X3
      05 4.4i X5 Sold
      92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
      90 325i Sold
      97 328is Sold
      01 323ci Sold
      92 325i Sold
      83 528e Totaled
      98 328i Sold
      93 325i Sold

Comment

So today i got my TCD schtuff. I was happy and disappointed at the same time. Being TCD i expected great quality. What i got was something that looked like it was take your kid to work day and they let some 10 year old weld it together. Perhaps it was a second quality rejected part that someone took and sold anyway. I don't know what the back story as i bought it off someone else. For all I know its a TCD knock off. Spent a couple hours grinding off ceramic coating and re welding everything. I suck at welding but i did a better job.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

that is for sure going to crack...

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
          Ig:ryno_pzk
          I like the tuna here.
          Originally posted by lambo
          Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

There is no way that could be what it is supposed to be, that is some hackt up, cobbled together bullshit if you ask me. I'd fuck a seller in the nostril with a broomstick over that shit.

Comment

ouch

"Hard Work Pays Off"

1991-bmw 325i (R3vvd)
              1990- 325 (mpowa)(GC)(track)(beast)
              1988- 528e (daily driven when track car broken)

Comment

wow, thats just fucking sad.

Comment

It looks like someone went crazy with some JB weld, a toothpick and silver paint.
                  Check my feedback HERE

Comment

i could have done a better job with jb weld.

You gotta send that shit back. I really hope they give you your money back because there is no way in hell that those welds will handle any sort of exhaust pressure/ heat and vibration.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                    Ig:ryno_pzk
                    I like the tuna here.
                    Originally posted by lambo
                    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Inline Sex View Post
                      It looks like someone went crazy with some JB weld, a toothpick and silver paint.
                      this.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Aw hell noz! I wouldnt have tried to reweld it to make it better. Would have been better to be patient and send that ish back. you could still try !!

Fast life fuck slow..Low life for life
                        Let the mix flow..Let the night flow
                        I'm so gone ✗ ♥ O

Comment

I bought it "used" even thought it appears to have never been used. The story is this was purchased off of Todd personally. I put my hands over the ends and blew and you could feel jets of air coming from everywhere. I re did the seams and now its air tight. It looks like crap now cause i did not completely grind down all the prior welds but it should hold. I'll post pictures in the morning. I'd hit up TCD about it but I have no way of confirming this is his actual product.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Here are the updated pics. I have no welding skills to speak of but the things is now air tight. Sealed off all the ends and blew in to it till my cheeks felt like there were going to explode.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Not enough penetration in some of those first shots. At least they arn't charge pipes.

Comment

think i had the feed to high

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Working...
                                X