What to do about a scamming r3v member?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do about a scamming r3v member?

Well unfortunately I dealt with a r3v member on here that scammed me out of a lot of money. They bought some things from me using Paypal and then made up a bogus reason for a Paypal charge-back. Now they've got the money and my things and are not responsive when I ask for them to return the items. I can tell they have done this before.

What steps do I need to take now? Obviously, I'd either like the money or my things back but PayPal isn't going to help me anymore. Also, I really don't want them to get away with it and scam other members on here. Is there a way to get them banned, or further, take them to court?

Could someone give me an admin's contact info?

Please let me know what you guys think. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    '90 325is Schwarz
    5 lug'd 24V Turbo on VEMS

out them. Paypal is tough to deal with.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

dont protect them.

who was it?

Comment

Their r3v name is LAWLence. Completely screwed me over.

Paypal kind of sucks when it comes to getting these things resolved. I did some research on PayPal chargebacks and almost always the seller gets screwed. I don't know what to do.
        '90 325is Schwarz

Comment

yeah I try to not use paypal unless its sent as a gift.
          that way they have no way of doing stuff like this.

it really sucks man I hope you can get this straightened out.

Comment

R3v loves a good story. We need more details!

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

im willing to bet that it has something to do with this

Originally posted by LAWLence View Post
              Looking for a full set of silver Apex ARC-8 wheels, 4 lug. Let me know what you guys have!
              Originally posted by marek|steezkal View Post
              PM sent

Comment

Sent the guy a PM since he was last on here today. And also moving this thread to the transaction part of the forum.

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

So any updates on this? I've PM and emailed the buyer with no response, what's going on with the sellers end here?

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

What a pos hope you get your $$ op.
                    sigpic
                    Rescued 1986 325e Coupe
                    1988 325ix Touring 5spd currently being rescued
                    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada :finger:

Comment

Did you ship them to his house? Ask a r3v member to go pay him a visit

Comment

So the buyer Lawlence still will not respond to me after I've asked for him to send the wheels back to me. I have emailed him and PM'd him on here a few times. No response.

I called Paypal a few times about it too. They just keep telling me to work it out with the buyer. I guess the next step is either try contacting my bank about fraud, talking with the police, and/or moving to small claims court.

I made a post about this on the Facebook R3V page before the weekend and some Illinois members were talking about getting together to try and talk to this guy but I think it fizzled.
                        '90 325is Schwarz

Comment

FYI, he's a pretty active member on bimmerforums. Maybe try making a thread/contacting him there.

Comment

I banned him from here, since he has no intentions on returning to even tell his side.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

I wouldn't hesitate to post personal details at that point. Unless there's something you're not telling us. Post up your PMs or any contact between you two and r3v will be on the case. Wink wink

Seems he hosted a few track days and meets in SoCal. Someone is bound to know who he is.

Comment

Working...
                              X