Berenstain Bears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berenstain Bears?

I admittedly don't go on reddit or imgur or twitter or most of those sites so all this hodge podge stuff reaches me a couple of years late or even by a decade. Was talking about this stuff with a couple of my friends and can't wrap my head around it.

I remember as a kid trying really really hard to pronounce berenstein bears. As in looking at the spelling, specifically thinking how jewish it looked, and then trying to pronounce it with my polish sounding ass.

What do you guys remember it as?

I remember it as 'stein not 'stain. I was more than certain of it. They changed something in the matrix.
    1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
    1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
    bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
      I remember it as 'stein not 'stain. I was more than certain of it. They changed something in the matrix.

Comment

Right?

Easy explanation for this, that people are saying, is the Mandela effect?

But three of us in this group tonight had no idea about this dilemma and we all answered without hesitation that it was berenstein. The friend who asked us claimed the same thing but, she being a nanny, brought out a copy of an old book with berenstain. She swore the book wasn't like that before haha. Matrix glitch confirmed.

Comment

make that 4 of us
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Lol that is weird. I remember pronouncing it "burn-steen" as a kid.
            '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
            '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

I came across this a while back - it's interesting. I blame pre-internet. SO hard to find info from back in the day.
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Another for "Berenstien". I'd bet my least favorite e30 on it.
                Originally posted by Andy.B
                Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                ~~~~~~~~~~
                I was born on 3/25…
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

i agree with all you guys. i thought the name was semantic too.
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                  92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                  88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                  88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                  87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                  12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

i concur
                    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I remember "-stain" from my childhood.

My mind at the time wanted to see "-stein" but I took careful note that it was not so.

Originally posted by whysimon
                      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                        I remember "-stain" from my childhood.

My mind at the time wanted to see "-stein" but I took careful note that it was not so.
                        Well you're wrong.

Comment

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

The originators of the book series only recall their names as “Berenstain” and seem perplexed by everyone else’s recollection. Is it a case of mass confusion, an example of a parallel universe in action, or a rare and extreme piece of evidence that our reality is purely subjective?

MWI (Many Worlds Interpretation) Quantum theorists would have one possible yet incomplete explanation. In this theory, reality bifurcates constantly every time a quantum mechanical decision needs to be made (which occurs at the subatomic particle level countless times per second, and may be influenced by the observer effect). The figure below demonstrates. At some point, one of the ancestors of Stan and Jan Berenstein, the creators of the Berenstein Bear book series, encountered a situation where his name could have been spelled one of two ways. Perhaps, it was at Ellis Island, where such mistakes were common. For whatever reason, the universe bifurcated into one where the ancestor in question retained his original name, Berenstein, and another where the ancestor received a new spelling of his name, Berenstain (or vice versa; it doesn’t matter). Down the Berenstein path travelled we and/or all of our ancestors. Our doppelgängers went down the Berenstain path.

According to MWI, all of these realities exist in something called Hilbert Space and there is no ability to travel from one to another. This is where MWI fails, because we are all in the Berenstain path now, but seem to remember the Berenstein path. So, for some reason (reality just messing with us?) we all jumped from one point in Hilbert Space to another. If Hilbert Space allowed for this, then this idea might have some validity. But it doesn’t. Furthermore, not everyone experienced the shift. Just ask the Berenstains. MWI can’t explain this.

The flaw is in the assumption that “we” are entirely in one of these realities. “We,” as has been discussed countless times in this blog and in my book, are experiencing a purely subjective experience. It is the high degree of consensus between each of us “conscious entities” that fools us into thinking that our reality is objective and deterministic. Physics experiments have proven beyond a reasonable doubt that it is not.

So what is going on?

My own theory, Digital Consciousness (fka “Programmed Reality”), has a much better, comprehensive, and perfectly consistent explanation (note: this has the same foundation as Tom Campbell’s theory, “My Big TOE”).

“We” are each a segment of organized information in “all that there is” (ATTI). Hence, we feel individual, but are connected to the whole. (No time to dive into how perfectly this syncs with virtually every spiritual experience throughout history, but you probably get it.) The “Reality Learning Lab” (RLL) (Campbell) is a different set of organized information within ATTI. The RLL is what we experience every day while conscious. (While meditating, or in deep sleep, we are connected elsewhere) It is where all of the artifacts representing Berenstein or Berenstain exist. It is where various “simulation” timelines run. The information that represents our memories is in three places:

The “brain” part of the simulation. Think of this as our cache.
                            The temporary part of our soul’s record (or use the term “spirit”, “essence”, “consciousness”, “Being”, or whatever you prefer – words don’t matter), which we lose when we die. This is the stuff our “brain” has full access to, especially when our minds are quiet.

The permanent part of our soul’s record; what we retain from life to life, what we are here to evolve and improve, what in turn contributes to the inexorable evolution of ATTI. Values and morality are here. Irrelevant details like the spelling of Berenstein don’t belong.

For some reason, ATTI decided that it made sense to replace Berenstein with Berenstain in all of the artifacts of our reality (books, search engine records, etc.) But, for some reason, the consciousness data stores did not get rewritten when that happened, and so we still have long-term recollection of “Berenstein.”

Why? ATTI just messing with us? Random experiment? Glitch?

Maybe ATTI is giving us subtle hints that it exists, that “we” are permanent, so that we use the information to correct our path?

We can’t know. ATTI is way beyond our comprehension.

Originally posted by whysimon
                            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

well, ok.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                              X