Alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alignment

I am going to have the car aligned after I complete the work on the front end, which includes Kmacs, M3 control arm bushings, new control arms, and new front sway bar.

What should I have the toe set at? I heard 0 degree is the best compromise for street/autox/track use.

Should I have the camber set at factory specs then add negative camber at autox, or should I run some negative all the time?

Considering that I am adding the M3 bushings, should the caster be adjusted to spec or left where it is(about 8 degrees per last printout)?

Thanks.
    Gary

I'd like to know as well

on a related note, how much adjustment is available in the stock suspension setup of a non-M e30?
    BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
      on a related note, how much adjustment is available in the stock suspension setup of a non-M e30?
      You can only adjust the front toe.

Comment

Re: Alignment

Originally posted by Crazyboy325is
        Should I have the camber set at factory specs then add negative camber at autox, or should I run some negative all the time?
        Definately run around stock all the time. Or else your tires will be ruined. I have a set of snow tires will massive camber wear on the insides on them from running on a negative setup plate. (PO liked the better handling)

My camber plates at least take 10-15 minutes to change both of them. Just drive stock (or close) settings daily, then adjust them before auto-X.

Comment

Re: Alignment

Originally posted by rwh11385
          Originally posted by Crazyboy325is
          Definately run around stock all the time. Or else your tires will be ruined. I have a set of snow tires will massive camber wear on the insides on them from running on a negative setup plate. (PO liked the better handling)

My camber plates at least take 10-15 minutes to change both of them. Just drive stock (or close) settings daily, then adjust them before auto-X.
          This is bullshit. I have 3deg front and rear -- and most of my driving is massive highway driving. My tire wear is damn near perfect. If you drive correctly and at least push the car your tire wear will be fine.

For the front toe? I would set 1/16 in. Some alignment shops can bend / adjust trailing arms to adjust for toe.

Comment

Trent, I don't know what's different, but my camber plates wore the tires to shit. I think they were set to -2.5 or -3.0 and the tire was just worn like a mofo. How lowered is your ride? Looks to be close to mine. In the pics, your ride might be lower in front and higher in back.

Anyway, I swear they are worn like a mother, and very exact. I'll post pics.

Strangely enough my rear tires are angled like a mother as well, but no adverse wear. I should get it sorted out sometime.

EDIT: Pictures. Note: the tires that were on the front are now on the back, with the tires flopped so the inner wear is now on the outside. (Best way I saw to still use them.)

Comment

Working...
            X