Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good sites for what different suspension settings do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any good sites for what different suspension settings do?

Like on Sway bars. I've heard Alpina put a larger rear sway bar on there m30 equiped e30 to help with the Understeer, and was just wondering if any one has any favorite sites that discuss how sway bars, toe in, camber, caster and all will affect handeling?
    Main reason I'm asking is my 85 318i over steers and I'm getting a larger front sway bar for my 88 325is so was considering sticking the larger is bar on the 318i if it will help dial out some over steer.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

You might want to check you local bookstore...last time i was in Barnes and Noble I ended up spending sometime looking in the automotive section and saw some good books on suspension setups.

PS: There some nice chics in there every now and then "acting like" they're reading ;)

Comment

Thanks, I'll take a look. I'm picking up an IC front bar tommorow and might just stick my 88 bar on the 318i. It's nice having on higher up model and a low end model, as I upgrade one and get to upgrade the other with the old parts I pulled off. :P

Comment

i find this table to be helpful

Comment

Thanks exactly what I needed, so stiffer front will help dial in some understeer and thicker rear will dial it out.

Comment

Working...
          X