X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: AZ '84 Euro E30 323i rust free

Up for sale is my '84 BMW E30 323i coupe. Price is $3500

Clean vin: http://www.vinaudit.com/report?id=673362835881

I'm the 3rd owner of the car, it has a clear title and no accidents, and it's also been an AZ/SouthEast CA car for 98% of its life, aside from it's actual sale location (Spain), so it's *completely* rust/leak free. With all of these owners, it has sat as mostly project car, thus the low miles. The car has had a broken OD for about three years (@73,000 miles), but I had it appraised at <100,000 miles when I purchased the car almost a year ago from a member of the USAF stationed in Yuma. Since then, I have

-Reupholstered the seats with red/black vinyl,

-Removed the diving board bumper that was forced on it upon import and replaced it with the stock chrome euro bumper it was meant to have (I am still missing one of the three pieces of trim for it),

-Replaced the shift boot/knob (Nardi walnut w/m3 stitched leather boot), installed the pioneer head unit (BT equipped) with Clarion speakers,

-Replaced several dry rotted belts and hoses, the battery, replaced the coolant/oil temp sensors, replaced the thermostat,

-Leaned out the engine to conform to Maricopa smog regulation, which it passes with flying colors,

-Fixed various drive-train vibrations,

-All this of course along with other standard maintenance such as air filter/oil/spark plug/radiator flush.

That being said, the engine is solid, and extremely clean internally speaking. Runs like a top, drives like a dream, and has done so since purchase. I've even daily driven it for a week or so every now and then when my DDs were in the shop, and has made several long distance trips for each of it's owners to pick it up. I had originally looked into E30's as a project car, and planned to do an S52 swap on this when one came up for cheap at auction somewhere close. Heck, I even bought track wheels, but upon tinkering with her a little, decided against it. The M20 is a rock of an inline 6, and the rock in this coupe is quite polished for being as dated as it is. Regardless, I have been working on bits and pieces of the restoration as time has allowed, and have only busted it out about once a month to make sure I hadn't broken anything/enjoy the fruits of my labor. I'm only getting rid of it for space reasons, as new living conditions only allow for two cars. =/

So here we are. Clean 323i's run ~twelve to sixteen grand from the ones I could find. Mine is not clean. To be restored to the point of completion, I would need either the missing a lip, or have the front valence swapped with the late model valence (I have the lip for that one, it's a long story), a new dash or the current fixed (two cracks, it's AZ), a new OD, and obviously just general cleaning/polishing of the engine along with minor things here and there (like, put in analog clock, de-americanize grill, etc.). Additionally, the first owner repainted it from achatgrun metallic to black which was generally well-done, and has aged decently. With all that in mind, I would say it's about half done all around, and thus $4500 seems reasonable to me. This of course comes with your standard box of parts that reflects where I was in the build, which in this case are things like brand new OEM control arms/bushings/etc., new door rails, the aforementioned lip, and a bunch of other things. If you'd like, I'll include the set of TRM c1's I purchased brand new for track wheels, but if not, they are still in their shipping covers and retail $400, so that's easy money. I'm sure I'm forgetting something because I wrote this at three in the morning, so feel free to contact me either on here, via email, or via text/call @ 6O2 / three77nine728 (sorry for the funky typing, bots are brutal these days). Car is located in East Mesa.
    Last edited by James_Baxter; 08-05-2015, 11:33 PM.
    When I grow up, I want a cool signature just like you guys...

:p

Comment

Wow, this shouldn't last long

Comment

Originally posted by ethurtee View Post
        Wow, this shouldn't last long
        I appreciate the compliment.
        Last edited by James_Baxter; 04-17-2015, 02:46 PM.

Comment

:thankyou: for reading, please let me know what you think!

Comment

Originally posted by James_Baxter View Post
            Up for sale is my 1984 BMW E30 323i coupe.

The M20 is a rock of a V6, and the rock in this coupe is quite polished for being as dated as it is. Regardless, I have been working on bits and pieces of the restoration as time has allowed,
            Very sorry but you might want to take a look under the hood. The M20 has never been an V6 it's always been an I6.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
              Very sorry but you might want to take a look under the hood. The M20 has never been an V6 it's always been an I6.
              Oh man, that makes so much sense. I've always gotten straight six, for like flat four or something, but never seen I6. Never really thought about the V as valve orientation, and always just used V before the number of cylinders. I wonder how many people have heard me refer to most boxers as V4's and not said anything. I am not a smart man. I appreciate the information!

Comment

Adjusted the ad to be more... reader friendly. Also an excuse to bump.

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Lunch Bump!

Comment

I think it's about time I told you a story, all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down;

Comment

I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there.

Comment

Not many 323i out there that were imported by an actual dealers. Let alone a 323i.
                          Surprised it still available.
                          GLWS.
                          sigpic
                          323i MTEC1
                          Z3 coupe
                          E60 M5

Comment

Originally posted by Old city bimmer View Post
                            Not many 323i out there that were imported by an actual dealers. Let alone a 323i.
                            Surprised it still available.
                            GLWS.
                            Thank you for the well-wishes. There are seriously only a handful of 323i's in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by James_Baxter View Post
                              Thank you for the well-wishes. There are seriously only a handful of 323i's in the states.
                              weird, I know 3 total in Mesa alone.
                              2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                              (Daily Driver)
                              Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                              KW V2 Coilovers
                              VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Working...
                              X