Question about base maps WAR Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about base maps WAR Chip

Running a PSIK on a stock m20 and noticed there were two different maps for the set up. Was wondering if anyone can tell me how those differences effect the car.

The differences between the two maps are for fuel and ignition in WOT conditions.

V1 ignition (top) vs V2 ignition (bottom):

V1 fuel (top) vs V2 fuel (bottom):

Also side note, on the RPM limit settings, it says I can set it to 3k as a lowest figure but when I set it to that, the car revs up to 4500 still. Any ideas on this?
    Web Designer / Front End Developer
    My Portfolio & Website

IG: @w_illriderz

i'm not an expert but here's what i know.
    the second tune has more midrange timing advance and i'm not sure what the unit of measurement for the fuel is, but it looks like it's a leaner tune.
    the extra advance will give you a little more punch in that range. be careful though because too much advance can lead to knock and pinging, which is bad. very bad if you run with it for too long. drive on that tune and listen for what sounds like ball bearings rattling around in your motor. if you hear that, switch to the other tune. or run higher octane gas.
    as for the fuel mix, a leaner tune can get more power up to a point, but if you have any problem with the fuel system, you can do some damage. overheat, burn valves, etc. make sure your fuel system is up to par.
    that second tune looks like it should really wake the motor up some.
    my advice, make sure engine is in a good state of tune, fill with high octane gas, and go for it! if the engine seems unhappy, dial in the first tune.
    let us know how it works out!

Comment

Working...
    X