help me lease fuel lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help me lease fuel lines

ok gurus here is the problem I have I turn car on today and I had hood open and i seen a leak it smell like fuel the hose had a leak here is pics

question how hard is to replace hose
    how much will a new hose cost
    any one has part number
    thanks
    Franco
    Last edited by franco90; 02-08-2007, 05:59 PM. Reason: spelling

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
    I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
    "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

I'd just run down to your local auto zone or what ever you have. And grab a piece long enuff for your needs (they only sell it in feet) Make sure you get EFI hose and get some new clambs too while your there. I think it is 3-4 bucks per foot but i can't recall.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

where is the other end of the hose how hard is to replace both hoses thanks

"Supersquad"

Comment

The other end of the hose is on the inside of the driver's side frame rail, on the underside of the car. Be careful not to mix up the hoses when you replace them, so replace them one at a time.

Use 5/16" fuel injection hose. Just ask for it at your local auto parts store. Get around 5 feet.

It's a really easy job.

Before you do the job, depressurize the fuel system by pulling the fuel pump fuse and cranking the car until it dies.

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Yep, what he said. Be careful of fuel spilling out. Get a nice catch pan under your car. Also, take a razor blade and cut the hoses off at the connection. Just a slice along the connection. They will be stuck on and pulling them actually creates a suction and that makes it harder.

Good luck. You will smell after :D for a while.
          Originally posted by cabriodster87
          "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
          Originally posted by Kershaw
          i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

ok thanks guys I guess i will have to lift car of the ground to do this or can i remove driver front side tire ? which is easier .
            I will do this on saturday I guess also i will take pictures thanks again guys

"Supersquad"

Comment

Lift the car off the ground. You don't need to remove the wheels. Be careful! Make sure your car is on jackstands or ramps, and chock the rear tires.

Originally posted by whysimon
              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I'm pretty sure you should be able to reach without lifting the car... I didn't lift mine when I did the fuel lines. Definitely use a razor to slice them off, like Mike said, its TONS easier.
                '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

got the hoses off tonight I lifted the car to get under it .
                  man what a pain i used muslce power to do it any way when to auto zone could not find the hose i will try dealer tomorrow

"Supersquad"

Comment

^^^^^^^^

Dude try a different parts store, 5/16 high pressure fuel hose is so common that they might just be out. Try a NAPA or Car quest, Advance Auto or another Auto Zone. anyone of them will have it. Wow I cant belive I just told someone to go to all those places.
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

thank guys I really appreciated all the help i mean it

"Supersquad"

Comment

I replace both hoses tonight man it was cold but you know we all love our bimmers. it really help removing intake

"Supersquad"

Comment

thats pics of old hose remove

"Supersquad"

Comment

Originally posted by franco90 View Post
                            I replace both hoses tonight man it was cold but you know we all love our bimmers. it really help removing intake

Tell me about it, I am swapping a head in my drive way (I cant get this car in the garage due to the other 1 an all the shit in it) Its cold out there.
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

dude beer and newports will help and gloves

"Supersquad"

Comment

Working...
                              X