Anyone try this booster setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
    How so? It uses threaded rods and mounts the assembly at the front of the motor. Not saying it is exactly the same or the perfect solution but I thought that is what most were doing when mounting to the E30. Could be wrong but just wondering.

[]
    Ls is not as wide as the m6x . I mean look at the location of the OEM setup vs ls its not even close,? Plus hydroboost sucks
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
      Ls is not as wide as the m6x . I mean look at the location of the OEM setup vs ls its not even close,? Plus hydroboost sucks
      No, the HB doesn't suck, it powers the brakes and steering rack. Works nicely with a BMW PS pump, as it does with the GM pump. The master cylinder, BTW, is from a '97 or newer Mustang GT.
      E30-LS1 aka. 357is
      email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
      E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
      E30LS1@gmail.com
      e30ls1.com

Comment

Okay dude, I know you sell these but it still sucks compared to non HB setup in terms of pedal feel etc. Of course it works, otherwise it wouldn't be used , but it's older tech.... and it sucks compared to non HB config. BMW for example didn't stay with that setup after e34, e38/e39 with the v8 have a regular set up for a reason. Talk to any of the guys with older BMWs with this system, it works, but they all wish they didn't have this mess of a setup under their hood. LOL

Now, I don't know if an aftermarket/newer version of HB config is better...the comments above are about the older system as used in the BMW cars.
        Last edited by Jean; 12-12-2011, 08:52 AM.
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Do you still make them?

Comment

Originally posted by glucklich21 View Post
            Do you still make them?
            Yes, we still make them. Ours is based in the original Bendix system that Ford and GM use. This means that parts are available and inexpensive -- a completely re-built HB is about $250, or $50 from a salvage yard. Lots of 'em available.

The BMW HB is about $1500 at Pelican parts ... no wonder its a pos
            E30-LS1 aka. 357is
            E30LS1@gmail.com
            e30ls1.com

Comment

Did this ever get figured out? Does the Garret HB setup fit in a M60 swap?
              Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Since this topic was dug back up, I'd also like to know if he ever started building these. I'd be interested in the portion that bolts to the firewall, with all the hardware. I'm thinking a hybrid between this and the stock 540i stuff is what I want to do.....
                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Holy old post batman. I've been trying to find M60 guys to verify the sikky hydroboost kit will fit. It's so much simpler than this and doesn't require cutting/welding stuff.

Comment

Works just fine and everything is outboard of the LH frame rail inside face ... see the pics in the OP. Also, we have recently added an adapter so that the original BMW master cylinder (.81 bore) can be used instead of the Mustang master cylinder (1.06 bore).

We drove around for about 5 years with the Mustang MC, which needs about 40% higher pedal effort than the BMW MC. Pedal feel is now back to original specs. Because we're nice fellas, we post the How to Do It below:
                    Attached Files
                    E30-LS1 aka. 357is
                    E30LS1@gmail.com
                    e30ls1.com

Comment

The hydroboost set up didn't work for me. Project has been semi stalled since. I've gone the e34 booster set up instead.

I could have made it work by moving the bellcrank housing over, like you do for the e34 brake set up. So I figured I rather go that route.

I have the partially modified set up if you want to buy it and give it a shot. I have the mustang booster and some of the line adapters.

Comment

Working...
                      X