Quick cam/ head ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
    You are trying to set the timing AFTER the head is on the block? Why? since you say you know how to work on an interference motor, yet you are trying to make the valves and pistons interfere. This seems to be a user problem and not a valve train problem.

Did you fail reading comprehension or something? It is not out of time enough to cause an problem while turning just the cam in the proper direction! Will you people get that through your heads the lower end is on time an spins so free the vale (if it did hit would just push the piston out of the way)! It has to bolted down to hold the fucking head in place to be able to time the cam I will ask you the same question if I can turn it while bolted down how the fuck would I be able to hold it down to the bench with out bending a valve and be able to time the cam?
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Don't know how to answer that. I always line the cam and the crank up on TDC before removing the timing belt so I don't have that problem. Looks like thinking about what you are doing and not failing logical problem solving goes a long way in making this an easier process.

Is it possible to put the head back on the block it came off of so you can rotate the cam into position there and then move it back to the "new" block? I'm assuming you didn't rotate the bottom end out of adjustment after you removed the head. If nothing else is working I would just go this route if its available.
      -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

^^^^^^^^

dude do you not understand. The engine in question broke a T belt (dip shit I bought it from) thus the bottom end was way off I have double checked the lower timing marks = dead on an set acordingly. This head when I pulled it off a parts car less than 2 months ago turned freely with a T belt intacked (sp) thus I did not think it was gonna be a problem to adjust it a few degree's to set it up an a diferent engine. Like I said my fault for not thinking to far ahead.
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

well I got pissed off at it this afternoon, so now I have a it all tore apart sitting on the bench in the basement.

William Pitt-

Comment

pull the head.
            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
              pull the head.

Did that, now its a bare casting sitting on my bench waiting on new guides rocker shafts and seals and what not. NO BENT VALVES ANYONE. The cam had decided to lock itself up for some unknown reason in the last couple of months.

William Pitt-

Comment

Well all my parts cam in on tuesday an as of late last night it LIVES. It cranked over a few times coughed an gaged a couple of times as the fuel rail purged out the air, an now runs like a champ. Thanks for the insight guys, sometimes you just have to take a step back to take a few ahead.

William Pitt-

Comment

Glad to see everything got sorted out and its running now.
                  -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Working...
                  X