No announcement yet.

Lets plan a florida meet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fyi you should @ least give it a months notice. So i say we figure out where to host it. Get the date then post it up on every bmw forum known to man.

Comment

Haha, I deff want to go and May 5th is my b-day hahaha.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
        Fyi you should @ least give it a months notice. So i say we figure out where to host it. Get the date then post it up on every bmw forum known to man.
        I agree. But May 5th would be one month from today. I checked on the park and its basically first come first serve. I have not spoken with the Melourne dealership. I suspect they would not host on a Saturday because that is the prime sales day.

My 2 cents is to get on this meet hard and heavy. Just pick the park and the date mentioned above and get the word out now. IF, a better site or larger crowd "signs up" you can always find a larger park or parking lot.

If this meet is left up to debate and endless discussion it will never happen. You will never please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

Comment

i agree so where do you guys want to hold this meet?

Comment

I'm booked for the weekend on the 5th.... maybe the 28th.... or sometime afterwards in May.
            Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
            FullOpp Stickers for sale!
            NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
            Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
            ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

I just sent a PM to BDSax. I can help organize it but there is only a 20% chance I can attend.

The area is pretty decent. You can have a meet at the park. There are shops, restaurants, beaches, shaved ice and beach clubs all within feet of each other.

Heres a couple of links.
              www.longboardhouse.com
              www.skimcity.com

Cantina Dos Amigos is a personal fav.

I would like to see a Florida meet start up soon so let me know how I can help.
              Last edited by FL318is; 04-05-2007, 08:55 AM.

Comment

OK lets shoot for may 19th That sounds like a reasonable date to show up. And it gives us enough time to advertise. Where is the addres of this park so we can start writing up the flyer?

Comment

Great! Best way to find the park is with google.

Use google earth and you get a really great layout of the area.
                  James L Nance Park (Melbourne area FL) The Park is at the intersection of A1A and 4th Ave In Indiatlantic. One block north of 192 (off of I-95) and A1A. Really easy to get to. I will see if I can find a street address.

BTW, the 19th is Armed Forces Day. I don't know if that is a "major" holiday!
                  Last edited by FL318is; 04-05-2007, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FL318is View Post
                    Great! Best way to find the park is with google.

Use google earth and you get a really great layout of the area.
                    James L Nance Park (Melbourne area FL) The Park is at the intersection of A1A and 4th Ave In Indiatlantic. One block north of 192 (off of I-95) and Aia. Really easy to get to. I will seei f I can find a street address.

BTW, the 19th is Armed Forces Day. I don't know if that is a "major" holiday!
                    Awesome find a street adress and maybe a link to the park. If you can find a # i will call them to see if there is a entrance fee to the park and to see how many cars we can fit.

Comment

Looks like I am out G. I'll never make back to work on time from Melbourne. It is really nice up there though.

I'll be ready for the next SoFl meet. Shhh, e30s only next time.. :p

How many central Florida people (opposed to SoFl peeps) have actually shown enough interest to warrant a meet up there anyway? Food for thought.. ;-))

08 Toyota FJ Cruiser, Rock Sliders, Mostly Stock for now, parts on the way....
                      97 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ-80, Front Bambi Basher w/ 2x100w PIAA's, mostly stock

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
                        Awesome find a street adress and maybe a link to the park. If you can find a # i will call them to see if there is a entrance fee to the park and to see how many cars we can fit.
                        The number is 321.723.2242. Apparently this is a city and not a county park. Their website has no info.

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mpressive View Post
                          How many central Florida people (opposed to SoFl peeps) have actually shown enough interest to warrant a meet up there anyway? Food for thought.. ;-))
                          i agree, i mean we need more people from other places to set a place first. if its mostly people from the south, we should just plan it down here then. we should probably first get a list going on who is interested in it first. ill start:

1. BDSax - Billy - Jupiter, Fl
                          NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

Originally posted by BDSax View Post
                            i agree, i mean we need more people from other places to set a place first. if its mostly people from the south, we should just plan it down here then. we should probably first get a list going on who is interested in it first. ill start:

2.e30 gangsta miami, fl along with 50 other 46fanatics.

Comment

2.e30 gangsta miami, fl
                              3. rwdrift - Erick - Fort Lauderdale, FL (pending date)
                              Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                              EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                              FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                              NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                              Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                              ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

2.e30 gangsta miami, fl
                                3. rwdrift - Erick - Fort Lauderdale, FL (pending date)
                                4. ///Mpressive - Ben - Miami Beach, FL (pending location)

It would be nice to do it right the first time unlike the last meet we had.

Tropical Park would be perfect (BBQs, no entry fee, lots o parking), but it's semi-far for the Ft. Lauderdale/ Jupiter guys.

Are there any similar parks near you guys?

08 Toyota FJ Cruiser, Rock Sliders, Mostly Stock for now, parts on the way....
                                97 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ-80, Front Bambi Basher w/ 2x100w PIAA's, mostly stock

Comment

Working...
                                X