M62 refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M62 refresh

Hey guys I'm working on an M62 swap on my e30. The motor is at 110k miles. Any suggestions on what to look out for with the motor? I know they tend to be problematic. Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by Gerioneism View Post
    Hey guys I'm working on an M62 swap on my e30. The motor is at 110k miles. Any suggestions on what to look out for with the motor? I know they tend to be problematic. Thanks a lot!

Chain guides and tensioners. Vanos seals. Any and all gaskets since at best it's a 12 year old motor.
    Swanny!
    SUCKERS.

Comment

2nd vote for chain guides.

I know the timing cover gaskets like to leak.

Comment

I did chain guides and gaskets on mine before swapping in, make sure you get the valley pan gasket. Water pump as well.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Zacm829; 03-27-2017, 02:58 PM.
        1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Chain Guides, Valley Pan Gasket, Water Pump, Thermostat....Pretty much all the gaskets, just do them, It'll be a lot better in the outrun.
          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Yup, valley pan gasket for sure. Also the crankcase ventilation system compontnts. One valve is on the back of the intake manifold and one is inside the timing cover. Both would be a bitch to access in an e30

I miss the old BMW

Comment

I just refreshed my M60b40. A little different, but similar. Cost a good amount but now i dont have to worry. Oil pump, chains, guides, all the seals. Clean it well.
              We're in deep now boys
              1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
              1988 340iL - Track car
              My M60 V8 swap thread here
              [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

My timing cover gaskets were rock solid, they came out in pieces that I had to pick out- definitely replace those.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                Transaction feedback
                - jpod999

Comment

Working...
                X