Camshaft Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullhead View Post
    I have seen that in previous threads Dig but idk if the pedastils are there for the 3 added journals on the 325i cam. I will know more when I paint my valve cover next week.
    they are its the cam that is missing them IIRC
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

isnt it just adding some oiling holes on the 200 and you can run a 325i cam?
      Yep. Drill to connect the rocker tube to the cam journal.

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Hey, check this out.

I just did a similar swap for a local guy. It's really not as hard as you are thinking it is.

Caming the 200 head is a waste of money.
        the 200 head has single valve springs, smaller ports, and less cam bearings.

adding the 885 head will be more of an upgrade than adding an cam to your 200 head.

this entire swap can be done in 1 day is two people are working together.
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

+ 1 .. junk the 200 head and replace it with the 885 b25 head ;)
          straight roads are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers

1982 e21 323i rs Hartge
          1989 e30 325i convertible
          1994 e36 m3

Comment

I'm running a bone stock 300+k mile ETA bottom end with the top end from a 525i on it.

I can't recommend this 885 head swap along with 1.1/1.3 Motronic upgrade enough. It's so fun. Faster than my buddies chipped 2.5l.

Just grab a cheap $30 EEPROM from ebay to throw in the 173 DME and you're good to go. The stock ignition timing for the higher compresson 2.5l is too retarded for the lower compression ETA 2.7l bottom end. Most people forget about this and don't get the desired/expected performance from their 2.7i.
            sigpic

Comment

I may just go ahead and scoop that swap up. I just need to con a TN guy on here into helping me for a day lol. I may be confused but I was thinking the 2.7 had a higher comp ratio than the 2.5.
              sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

Comment

not in the USA.

I have both blocks in my garage and the 2.5 pistons are definitely higher compression than the 2.7 pistons.

The internet is full of sketchy info on these things posted by people that have no idea what they are talking about.

The valves in the 885 head are very close to the same size as the valves used in chevy LS heads. 885 >>>> 200
                sigpic

Comment

I know the 2.5 pistons had a better relief design but the 200 head itself has a smaller combustion chamber resulting in increased compression per the wiki. But again I am just a novice so don't mind me.
                  sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

Comment

There's only something like 4cc difference between the two. You're not going to notice a difference like that on the street with pump gas.

The internet will over analyze anything you want to do to death. Best advice I can give you is pick up a couple books on engine design and how they work, and a couple books on how various EFI systems work. Do your research, build what you want, and then show the internet. haha
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X