No announcement yet.

A Non-Intersting College Budget '91 Calypso Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to make the drive home this weekend and it's about a 240 mile drive, anyone have an idea on how I can do a quicky on correcting my camber? My tires are getting destroyed on the inside edge and I want to get the tread as flat as possible for the drive. Should I just eye ball it or what? I have the Megan Racing camber plates and there are little notches that help with evening out the sides and I have IE adjustable plates in the rear.
    Last edited by Zreberlcoe; 01-11-2015, 11:36 PM.
    1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
    BMW

Comment

Originally posted by Zreberlcoe View Post
      I have to make the drive home this weekend and it's about a 240 mile drive, anyone have an idea on how I can do a quicky on correcting my camber? My tires are getting destroyed on the inside edge and I want to get the tread as flat as possible for the drive. Should I just eye ball it or what? I have the Megan Racing camber plates and there are little notches that help with evening out the sides and I have IE adjustable plates in the rear.

photo shoot! me and chris are both getting new wheels on this weekend end. (mine may not happen till sunday though..)
      1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
      2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
      <<Flickr>>

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
        Follow this, OP:

What wheels are those? I saw esm 002r in your post but when I looked them up, showed a different wheel.
        sigpic
        2007 X3
        1992 M Tech Cabrio
        1988 Cabrio - sold
        2001 X5 - sold
        1997 e36 328 - gave to son

Comment

In those pictures? I'm not sure. But my current wheels are ESM 002r's. Anyone else have input?
          1991 325i Calypso Coupe

BMW

Comment

Yeah, the ones in the pics. I love them! Anyone else know what they are?
            sigpic
            2007 X3
            1992 M Tech Cabrio
            1988 Cabrio - sold
            2001 X5 - sold
            1997 e36 328 - gave to son

Comment

Me and the gang took some pictures minus Lambo. Photo credit to 325i.

Thanks, Zack
              Last edited by Zreberlcoe; 01-11-2015, 11:35 PM.
              1991 325i Calypso Coupe

BMW

Comment

Oh and on my drive home from Grand Junction, the left rear trailing arm toe adjustment came loose. Every time I applied power the car would steer one way and back straight when I let off the throttle. So, of course, the first thing I do when I'm home is jack up the car

Then we realized the eccentric was lost along with the nut. I was on borrowed time, if that bolt fell out and the trailing arm gets floppy, serious problems could have happened at 80 mph. So if anyone is wondering with Ireland Engineerings camber/toe correction kits, the thread size is 12x1.25, I'm not sure about other kits. We got a nut and I fabbed up a makeshift eccentric :ghetto:

The car made it back to grand junction but now I have to order the eccentric and but from IE and go through more pain.
                Last edited by Zreberlcoe; 01-11-2015, 11:35 PM.
                1991 325i Calypso Coupe

BMW

Comment

lambo is in a land far far away.
                  1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
                  2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
                  <<Flickr>>

Comment

love that color

Comment

So this weekend me and the lady took off for a day to go hoon the mountains! We picked up and left Junction around 2:30 and got back around 9:15. Our little trip was ~250 miles. Here's our route:

We started off going up the Grand Mesa, and wow was that beautiful! Here's a spot that we stopped off at just several miles from powderhorn. Also we weren't even close to the top here either.

The GF's random photos while driving lol.

Here's some I got when we stopped on McClure's pass:

And that's all I have for the trip as to it got kind of boring after McClure's pass, but Glennwood was a nice place to stay for dinner and then a cruise back on i70 to Junction. I've got to say, this car has impressed me. I didn't push the cars limits but I did toss it into quite a few turns and without failure it stuck every time. Every input I gave, she did beautifully. These roads weren't smooth either, some were sectioned up by construction, some were gnarly bouncy, Lambo wouldn't have a chance going 80 down these roads! But at my ride height and where I have the compression set on the Megans it did just fine and I still have an IS lip! It's just a rewarding feeling when you're cruising through turn after turn after turn and the car keeps begging for more. Not one light came on to tell me somethings wrong, nothing broke, it was an all around great day.

Here's a couple shots from my adventure the day before:

Alright, no more pictures, Thanks for looking!
                      Last edited by Zreberlcoe; 01-11-2015, 11:34 PM.
                      1991 325i Calypso Coupe

BMW

Comment

Just BEAUTIFUL, utterly love your E30 - Calypso Red is one of my favourite colours :-)
                        sigpic
                        Russell A Macfarlane (30)
                        Dalgety Bay, Scotland
                        1987 BMW E30 316 4 Door Zinnobar Red

Comment

The Popped Cherry - Updated 9/24/2014

Really want to go with a different wheel & tire set up for next summer, and I'm thinking of these with low profile or stretched tires. White painted faces too.

Last edited by Zreberlcoe; 01-11-2015, 11:34 PM.
                          1991 325i Calypso Coupe

BMW

Comment

bump

20140630-DSC_2098 by PhillipKeefe, on Flickr
                            Last edited by lambo; 12-11-2014, 12:08 AM.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Damn! Looks bad ass Phil.
                              1991 325i Calypso Coupe

BMW

Comment

yo your paint is too shiny.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X