This Is Pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    I cant believe somone ran a 250 in that environment.
    I'm guessing you are referring to the last pic above your post? That isn't a 250, its a Shelby Daytona Coupe, designed by Pete Brock of BRE fame. I think that exact car was owned by Phil Spector and ended up in some random ladies garage where it was found after she died. The car has an interesting history to it.

Picked up a new lens, Nikon 200-500 F5.6 VR. A few sample shots

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter
      not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
      Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Company to create sites with good rank- Global webmasters- https://www.global-webmasters.com/
        Rent a car agency- visit Rent a car Beograd or Stars Rent a car Beograd | Izdavanje stanova u Beogradu

Comment

Dan Gurney, Targa Florio 1964

Click image for larger version

Name:	DanG-at-rest.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	7188190

Name:	Dan Gurney TF 1964.jpg
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	7188191

Name:	dangurney TF 1964.jpg
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	7188192

Comment

A few shots from the Monterey Historics this past weekend.

M1 vs IMSA Celica.

Will
            '88 BMW M3

Comment

^ Badass content you captured there.

Comment

Wait, I thought no two snowflakes are the same?!?!?! ;)

Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

This ones for Will. First Small fire of the year close to the house for us. It was close to some houses (big fancy houses at that) so they bum rushed it hard, 2 Hellies, and water bomber, and a lot of retardant dropped late monday, a Hot Shot crew, 2 type II's a couple of dozers and support crew for a sub 150ac total fire. Was taken about a mile a way as they were just finishing mopping up, so there is a bit of a crop and bit of automated enhancement to get some of smoke haze pulled out.

Drop fixed by mrsleeve, on Flickr
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Nice shot. I just (last week) picked up a new lens, the Nikon 200-500 F5.6 that would be perfect for shooting air tankers and helicopters. I was using it for the pics I posted above. Its a bitchin lens.

Will
                    '88 BMW M3

Comment

[QUOTE=george graves;4680247]Wait, I thought no two snowflakes are the same?!?!?! ;)

Look closley, different shoes

Comment

I think it might be synchronized rhythmic gymnastic diving.

Comment

Somebody post! I don't want to be the last one. What happened to our ID st1g?

Name:	1961-facel-vega-hk-500-cabin.jpg
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	7188314

Question for you photo doods -
                          What would be a good entry level DSLR for general use, auto photog, architectural photog?

Nikon still good? Used? Ballpark price level of a decent camera?
                          Thanks for your input.

Comment

really need more parameters to give you a good answer. how much do you want to spend?

there are already a good number of threads devoted to this subject. i can tell you from reading them that everyone here will give you different advice, but for a little over a grand, i would buy a canon sl1, the sigma 18-250 f3.5-6.3 dc macro os hsm, and canon ifs 10-18 f4.5-5.6 is stm.

i did a LOT of research before i bought. it is the smallest, lightest, most compact slr package on the market at any price.

size, weight, quality and features (in this order) were my most important factors in deciding which system to choose. i really didn't care that much about price. those two lenses are very good quality and very importantly, they are both image stabilized. they aren't professional "L" series lenses, but they don't have the price and more importantly, they don't have the weight either. the camera has a lot of features but there are a few items i would like to have that are missing due to the compromise of size and weight. the flip out camera screen in particular could be useful but i would have to step up to a rebel t6 which is larger.

the difference between canon an nikon is probably like the difference between chevy and ford. nikon generally has better ccd sensors in the camera(they are made by sony). nikon generally is a little more rugged, but generally they are heavier because they have more metal than plastic. quality difference is probably negligible. they will vary in features though. you might want to do some research to decide what features are important to you. the one item that tipped me toward canon was the 10-18mm lens that i have. it is factory canon, very compact and light weight. if you were to read the reviews, they generally say it produces better quality photos than any other lens in the focal range including professional lenses that cost 5x as much.

i have lots of camera equipment. newer and older medium format, large format, professional slr equipment......this is the system i use 90% of the time. it is small and light enough that i always carry it with me when i go out on trips. i have a small holster bag that fits the camera bayoneted to either lens. it attaches to my body with a belt loop. i also have a second lens case with a belt loop. that way i can cary the camera with one or both lenses depending on how compact and mobile i want to be.

i'm in Ft. Meyers today typing this from my hotel room. here is a shot of my schiznit lying on the bed in front of me...

sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

oh, by the way....don't ever buy one of those stupid "kits" where you get the camera body and some cheap ass lens. those lenses are shit. buy the camera and lenses separately so you can get exactly what you want.
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Thank you. I haven't done much reading, but this forum reminded me I've been interested in something modern and decent for a long time.

Remember when these SLRs first came out at $20,000? We all said, Holy Crap!! I almost bought a used Nikon film body at a good shop here, then rumors of digital everything made me wait - smart! We've made do with Sony point n shoots and I hate them! I want to decide on the focus and actually make pictures.

Then they went down to 10k, then 5....we said, Crap, that's a lotta money! Then $2000, and we said, y'know... that isn't sooo bad, really. So now they're fairly reasonable it seems.

So - General use, family trips, outdoors things (so zoom ability), architectural / building photog, car repair progress shots, portrait / dog zoom range, some macro up-close ability. Not so interested in wide angle / fish eye stuff. Accurate color rendition, depth, focus, textures, subtle light levels. Not into gadgets or doodads or "features." If I could start at $1000 to $1500, that might work.

If you hire an architectural photographer, it's thousands of dollars, and he shows up on Tuesday as scheduled even though the sky is crap and you're stuck with it. Often the shots are something I could do.

My wife's father was an artist, and carried around a cool old medium format forever - climbing mountains in Glacier Park, landscapes, art photography.. He showed slides with those huge slides! The strap broke and it rolled down a mountain in Glacier once - camera was fine, but we had to send the light meter back to the factory to repair.

Name:	rolleiflex.jpg
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	7188323

I used this type of 50s camera (from my Dad, who had a new Pentax...where did that go?) for many years, just for fun. But it wasn't fun, it was tedious. Had a Ziess lens though.

Name:	contax_II.jpg
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	7188324

Comment

Working...
                                X