Fuel Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Pump

My 86 325es needs a new fuel pump. I'm currently searching for an aftermarket fuel pump and came across a few. My question is, being my first time changing this out myself. Can a new model fuel pump 89 fit my car? Has any one ordered a fuel pump from URO Parts? Any Comments on that company?
    I've done research on this and couldn't find any information about this. Also, is there any thing a first timer should know when changing the fuel pump? (things to look for, installing it, etc...)
    In my car, [I'm a winner and winners... we don't listen to words like "no" or "don't" or "stop!"]

What do you mean that you could not find anything about fuel pump in your search? There are many posts in this forum alone. Your car should have two fuel pumps. A low pressure in-tank pump and a high pressure one near the fuel filter. As for non-OEM, Tre pumps have good reputation, but I do not know if they make anything for '86 325ES. Fuel pumps are critical parts so I recommend that you stay with OEM.

Comment

I also should of added this..I think URO is just a distributor...

The Story When A.P.A. Industries, Inc. was founded in 1984 by car enthusiast Barry Seeman, the company produced a small line of Mercedes-Benz accessories advertised in Hemmings Motor News and other well-known publications. Realizing retail sales of the niche products couldn't keep up with minimum production runs, a key company decision was made to take over manufacturing and sell products on a wholesale basis. At that time, the long process of evaluating factories to produce a line of high-quality replacement parts began.
      In early 1991, A.P.A. Industries, Inc. contracted with factories in several countries to produce its initial line of luxury European spare parts and accessories. Thanks to the knowledge and expertise of the A.P.A. staff in the British spare parts market, the company devoted much of its time and energy to developing a comprehensive range of products for Jaguar, MG and Triumph, which eventually evolved into its aftermarket replacement parts division. A.P.A. became known among industry insiders for reasonably-priced, late-model and hard-to-find classic parts, though most of the products remained private-label for distributors. Many of the largest import parts distributors in the U.S. and abroad took notice, and during the next 19 years A.P.A. grew into a leading supplier of parts and accessories for Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, MG, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Saab, Triumph, Volvo and Volkswagen.
      APA created the URO Parts brand name in 2004, specifically for items the company was already manufacturing and marketing. Extensive R&D and thousands of new products have made the URO Parts line of aftermarket replacement parts the leading division of A.P.A. Industries, Inc.
      sigpic

Comment

Also, most parts that URO distributes are garbage.
        2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
        2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
        1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
        1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
        - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
        1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
        1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
        Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Do yourself a favor, just get a Walbro.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Thank you to everyone. Its my first time dealing with a lot of this. I appreciate the links and advice. I ordered one yesterday an OEM. I read this link posted and it was a tone of help. I'm Thankful for the assistance. Ill let you guys know how it goes. :o
            In my car, [I'm a winner and winners... we don't listen to words like "no" or "don't" or "stop!"]

Comment

Working...
            X